1/1

The first time Dante thinks he might be in love with Travis, they were in highschool. His lips curve up when Travis asks him advice on how to flirt with girls, revelling at the adorableness of his best friend. Dante thinks that it may be a bit odd that after he teaches Travis all the fancy tricks, after he sees Travis run off with a wide grin, he feels mildly jealous. Even so, Dante shakes it off, as he thinks that it's totally normal to not want his bestfriend to find a lover too soon, Dante likes his company.

The second time Dante thinks he might be in love with Travis, he's moving together with Garroth and Laurence. Dante is unpacking the boxes filled with his stuff and he hears Laurence and Garroth giggling downstairs. Those two, despite the subtle yet obvious flirting, never admits just exactly how in love they are with eachother. And somehow, for whatever reason, he is reminded of Travis and how if Travis were here, they'd probabbly be frolicking with eachother too.

Again, he shakes off the image from his head because suddenly there's this aching pain in his heart. Some sort of loneliness he assumes. Upon realizing just how much he misses Travis, he distracts himself with unpacking and cleaning for the whole day. Dante thinks he might want to call him, ask how his day is going, ask when he might be coming over, but his hands stop right before they reach into his pocket. Suddenly it doesn't feel right to call his best friend, he doesn't know why.

The twentieth time Dante thinks he might be in love with Travis, his best friend is actually right in front of him and Dante keeps awkwardly using the word best friend or bro or dude for some apparent reason. Maybe it's because the hug he gave Travis when he first saw him after quite a long time felt a bit too tight and a bit too long. Travis doesn't really seem to notice, as he is smiling his unconcerned smile as usual. Dante lets the conversation flow and somehow he just feels mindless enjoyment when Travis is around.

The thirty-fifth time Dante thinks he might be in love with Travis, they're hanging out with practically everyone in the neighbourhood and of all topics, they just have to talk about ships or pairings, OTPs if you will. Everybody gets mentioned, himself included. As odd as it is, these ships interest him, not for the reason you might expect. Dante pretends like he's paying attention to everything everyone is talking about;  Garrence, Garmau, Larmau, Katemau, Aarmau, Zaaron. In reality he only realy listens when his name or Travis' name is brought up.

He hears Dancole, Zanvis, Travyln, but much to his disappointment, no mentions of him and Travis being a ship came up. How is Zanvis more of a thing than Danvis is? The idea of Zane with Travis is simply odd, he's pretty sure Zane doesn't swing that way (more like he doesn't swing anyway at all). He doesn't know why he's disappointed, the ships aren't really 'canon' anyway. Dante just thought that maybe since Travis and him are the closest of friends they might get a mention. Besides, it's Travis, his friend, his best friend, why would Dante really want to be shipped with him anyway?

The forty second time Dante thinks he might be in love with Travis, he feels jealous. They're all looking at old highschool pictures and he remembers that Travis had a thing for Katelyn once. From the way everybody talks about them, maybe Travis still has a thing for Katelyn now. There's this irrational burning jealousy growing in him and he hates it. Dante knows that Travis needs to date someone eventually. Travis is just like him, they'll both date people, they'll both have a future with the right person. In the back of his mind Dante wonders what if Travis is his right person. But surely that's just a curious hypothesis, is it not?

The fifty eight time Dante thinks he might be in love with Travis, he thinks that he should stop counting. They're casually chatting in the kitchen and when Travis laughs, my God when Travis laughs, Dante's heart flutters and he just knows it. He knows that he likes Travis. No, no, that he has always known, but he likes Travis way more than he's supposed to. It's during these simple moments he realizes that if it's Travis, everything normal becomes special.