Chapter 1

( THIRD PERSON POV )

"They will be watching us," Klaus said, his voice filled with sorrow as he turned to Elijah, Rebekah, and Hayley, who was holding Hope close to her chest as they discussed Hopes safety and future. "All of them," he continued after a brief pause, "The four of us leaving together will draw too much attention, I will go alone. Take your mourning public, make it believable-" 

"I don't believe that will be difficult," Elijah cut in, "Grief after all, is grief."

Rebekah scrunched up her eyebrows in a questioning manner before speaking, "In what world will she be safe without us brother? Who can protect her better than we?" she asked Niklaus who couldn't help the small smirk that tugged at the edge of his lips. Klaus sighed, "There is one person." 

Hayley inhaled deeply as she laid a sleeping Hope in her crib "Who?" she asked in a desperate tone, "Who could you possibly know that can provide our daughter with the safety and love she deserves?" Klaus smiled softly at this thinking of a certain brunette with a heart to big for her own good. "Well you see, Love, I know a certain vampire who would protect a child with her last dying breath." he said smugly while looking down at his sleeping daughter. "This particular vampire just so happened to run away from home recently and is already in hiding. I'm positive if I asked she'd be willing to protect and raise our littlest wolf until the time comes when New Orleans is safe enough for Hope to return." 

"Niklaus you don't mean..?" Elijah trailed off as Rebekah gasped, putting two and two together. "Will someone please tell me what's going on?" Hayley whispered angrily, trying not to wake the newborn. "He's talking about the doppelganger." Rebekah said barely above a whisper, but they all heard her.

"Wait, Elena, Tyler's friend?" Hayley asked. "Yes. You see Elena recently lost her brother and has run from her home in Mystic Falls" Elijah explained. "and the girl has the protective instincts of a bloody momma bear." Rebekah finished for him, scowling at the thought of the girl who stabbed her in the back being responsible for her niece. "But, Elena hates you, Niklaus, for what you did to Jenna and Stephen. What makes you so sure she will take care of Hope?" Elijah asked causing Klaus' smirk to grow. 

"You really think she'll be able to say no once she see's that face?" Klaus asked in a mocking manner while gesturing towards the crib. "It's the best option we have." he continued while looking at Hayley. She gave him a small nod before picking up her daughter, placing a soft kiss on her almost hairless head, and handing her to the newly made father. 

In the blink of her eye Klaus was gone, as well as her baby causing tears to starts welling up in Hayley's eyes.

( KLAUS' POV )

I gently placed the still sleeping Hope in the back of my car before strapping in her carrier and tossing her diaper bag in the passenger seat. I closed the passenger door as softly as possible before pulling my cell phone out from my back pocket and scrolled thru my list of contacts. Once I found Elena's I quickly press the call button and rested the cold metal against my cheek.

The phone rang a few times before the annoying sound was cut off and shuffling was heard from the other end. "Hello?" Elena's voice asked making me smirk once again. "Hello Love," I started only to be cut off by a gasp from the other end. "Klaus." Elena said in a harsh, hateful tone. I sighed at her obvious resentment towards me, but nevertheless I need her help right now, "Elena, I'd love to sit and chat, but you see I'm in need of your assistance-" "Whatever it is, I'm not gonna help you." she cut him off.

"Listen to me." I growled at her stubbornness, "You are going to meet me in Blue Springs, Mississippi at the large abandoned farm on the edge of town in 5 hours. Not a moment less." I instructed, making sure that I chose somewhere far enough away that we wouldn't be spotted by anyone associated with with new orleans and small enough that it was almost insignificant. Hearing her scoff on the other end made me roll my eyes. "If you refuse I could always take a trip back to Mystic Falls and visit Matt Donovan." he finished with a threat, just to insure that she would show up. "I'll be there." Elena replied curtly before I heard the call disconnect. 

I chuckled as I hopped into the driver's seat and started out of the city. I had been driving for an hour when Hope woke up and started to cry. I reached back and tried rocking her carrier in order to lull her back to sleep. Unfortunately she continued to cry, no matter what I did she continued to scream as I drove on until she finally passed out. 

Four hours later I pulled into the driveway of the old farm where I was meeting Elena only to see she wasn't here yet. Great.

I climbed out of my car before walking to the back and pulling Hope and her carrier out of the car. I unstrapped my littlest wolf before setting down her carrier and grabbing her diaper bag, putting it down next to me as well. I held Hope close watching her sleep while I waited for Elena to show up. I looked at the golden watch I keep on my wrist and see that it's 9:54, she has 6 minutes before killing the quarterback jumps to the top of my to do list.