Mischief crew and sunshine squad

A series of parts over a period of time following our favourite lazy duo and sunny pair

Marinette was snoozing. (When was she not?) She was sprawled comfortably on her bed, drooling in her sleep and mumbling every now and then about cupcakes and Adrien. Never mind the fact that she was a full hour late for school by now. She was dreaming about her future life with her crush.

Plagg was snoozing on top of her stomach. He was stretched out comfortably, purring in his sleep and mumbling every now and then about the cheese king and his precious Camembert. He was not going to get up any time soon... Until his stomach complained.

With a groan, he opened a bright green eye and stared at his sleeping chosen. "Maaarineeeette. Wake up, I'm hungry." He whined, watching her eyelid flicker. "Maaaaaari." A grumble. Time to bring out the big guns. Plagg cleared his throat, floated up to her ear and whispered. "Adrien's here."

"WHAT?!" She jolted upright and tried to climb out of bed, only to fall on her side with a yelp. Plagg burst out into laughter and she grumbled. "Plagg, what the hell? I could've been sleeee... HOLY CRAP I'M AN HOUR LATE FOR SCHOOL!!" She shrieked and leaped up only to trip over her chase again. 

Plagg cackled as she floundered around, pulling on light blue jeans and a loose crop top with a cat face on it. Without bothering to tie her hair up, she shoved books into her bag and practically threw a wedge of cheese at Plagg while stuffing a wheel into her purse, which the kwami zoomed in after. Then she was dashing towards her school.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm so, so late!" She chanted under her breath as she jumped up the stairs, running to her classroom. Abruptly stopping, she straightened herself up and caught her breath before silently tiptoeing into the room. Having cat-like tendencies was definitely a win in this situation, unlike that time when she hissed at the rain...

Slipping into her seat and taking out her supplies with a sound, she shot a sheepish smile at her best friend/sister beside her. 

She was going to murder Plagg later for not waking her up again

~*~

Adrien was taking notes and being a good student until Marinette crept into the room with a new style again. Yesterday it was a floral princess-cut dress with a sweetheart neckline. The day before had been white denim shorts and a long sleeved pink scoop-neck shirt. Today was just... whew. 

She was wearing a crop top. And god damn it, it wasn't fair how... unfairly toned her stomach was. Girl even had a faint outline of abs. 

She was not making it easy to concentrate, nor was she making it easy to focus on his crush on the lovely Chatte Noir. 

Ahh, Chatte Noir. Her raven hair that would often fly behind her in the night, joyous whoops ringing across the rooftops as she somersaulted and flipped through the air on her baton. Her sparkling blue eyes that would wink and crinkle with a barely contained giggle at his puns. Her whole attitude was just alive and free and he wanted to be a part of that. 

Marinette, come to think of it, was a lot like her. Flirty, courageous, sarcastic to the point of no return (which often got her into trouble) and all-in-all, as beautiful as the superhero, Marinette Dupain-Cheng was considered one of his best friends. She stuck by him, defending him as much as she could, as well as keeping up with his playful banter, shooting back taunts and teases as easily as he. 

And with today's outfit... it would be a Chatte thing to wear, subtly tooting her own horn. 

The bell rang.