How To Draw A Chibi

This is certainly something I've never done before! I was in art university studying postures and poses when I decided to take a photo every important step. The drawing is of a small chibi who is... lets say.. falling.

Step one:
Circles. Circles are very important with any genders body. Everythig in a humans body resembles a circle at some point or another. As you can see in the first photo, I breifly sketched light circles to work with.

Step two:
This step might be a little tricky to handle at first, but you'll get the hang of it after a while of trying. All you really do is create the outlines of the body working around the cirles you've drawn. Because this style is chibi, try and make the body small and curvey depending on what look your going for.

Step three:
Once you've made a simple body, proceed to add clothing and extra body parts to the figure. Remember, whichever way your chibi is standing, determines the creases in the clothing. But as well, if your going for a tigh clothing of some sorts, don't use creases unless for effect.

Step four:
Adding the hair. Yes, you heard me. Now.. this step I always struggle with considering im awful at hair as well as shading it. But really, deep down, it's simple. All you need to do is find the style that appeals to you and start with the fringe (bangs) to make it easier. Once you've done that, feel free to add the rest of the hair.

Step five:
Additional shading. This step is completely optional depending if your going to color it or not. All there is to it is shading in the darker items of the chibi. And that's it!

This doodle took me about half an hour, with a blue pencil and sketching paper. I also used a special eraser to get the colored pecil out.

I hope this may have helped anyone!
Have a nice day!
\(o u o\)