Secret One

2 years ago

"Black Angel, they're already here." one of my gang member warned me. I stared at the door in front of me preparing for what may come. 

"Let the battle begin." I told my gang member, the earlier we finish this battle the better.

 I am in front and the other members are at my back waiting for my signal. As one of the gang member is opening the door my eyes landed on the enemy's leader. He is wearing his usual leather jacket, white shirt, maong pants and combat boots. I lift my eyes to his face even when I couldn't see what's behind that mask. All I could see is his eyes and lips, but so does he. He could only see my lips and eyes.

Maybe we both don't want our real identity to be revealed.

"We finally met Tennou." I greeted the gang leader.

"Nice to meet you too, Blank Angel." I saw him smirk as he said my name. It's like my name bring smile to his face when it is the contrary. My name probably taste like poison when he said it.

My pseudonym in this world is Black Angel.

"You're not here for the chitchat are you?" I mockingly asked the leader. I know what he came for and it's definitely not because he wants to talk with me. I don't want to waste anymore time mocking him.

"Someone's in a hurry to finish this battle." he said taunting me. 

The never ending war begin.

----

Present

"Lavish, where have you been? I told you to stop talking to them. It's not safe." I roll my eyes when I heard my most hateful name 'Lavish'

My mother shouted at me. She knows my past and after what happened she never want me to meet or communicate with my gang members except for my bestfriend since she know her since when I was a child.

"I told you not to call me Lavish. It's weird. I don't like it." I lazily replied. I turn my back and started to walk away from her. I am not in the mood for an argument. This has been going on for days now and she won't believe me anyway.

"Where do you think you're going young lady? I am not done talking to you." she asked again.

"In my room." I continue to walk towards the stairs but my mother followed me.

"You are still not answering my question." I turn my back and face her. She won't stop unless she get the answer that she wants.

"Okat, fine. Galing ako sa bahay nila Athena. I promised you, I won't meet my gang members again." not now at least.

I want to change my life, she just won't believe me.

Hindi naman kami nagwatak-watak, we just keep the gang lowkey and only meet when its necessary. 

I made a promise not to fight again unless it's necessary. 

Siguro iniisip ng mga tao na wala akong galang sa nanay ko but I love her. I just don't know how to express it. I hate my father for hurting her and for leaving us. I love her so much that I turn my back to the world I used to know. A chaotic world. Now it's just a distant memory that I sometimes wonder if it's real.

I'm Lavish Veronica Gosiaco. I hate it when people call me Lavish, I prefer if people call me Nica. I am 18 years of age, a second year college. 

This is the start of my life. A new life.