CHAPTER TWO

knock knock knock

I woke up with the loud knocking on my door. I got up and stretched while yawning. WAIT. FLYNN. I look across my bed and saw his cheek squished next to my pillow. He's so adorably cute, I just wanted to cuddle with him! Another three knocks. Why can't I be left in peace!?

"Flynn," I shoved his back and whispered to his ears. "Wake up."

"Your bed is so comfortable but less comfortable without you in it!" He yelled.

"Athena open this door!" Natalia yelled from the other side of my door. "Remember about not locking the door rule?!"

My goodness, it's Natalia. Flynn realized too. He woke up and fell down from my bed. "If she finds me here," he tugs his pants on. "She will skin me!"

"Hurry up!" I lightly push him to my balcony.

He climbs to the other side of the balcony and pressed his lips against mine. I broke the kiss because I'd rather have him alive and kiss him many more times than seeing his skinned body six feet down in Mersaury.

"Meet me at the river. At noon." He gave me another quick kiss. "Don't be late."

He climbs his way down to the back of the castle and I ran towards my door and took a breath in and opened it. I noticed Natalia was about to charge in, breaking the door down.

"What took you so long?" She asked aggressively.

"Had a good dream and didn't want it to end." I answered.

"Right... Time for you to eat and get dressed for another meeting."

"Another meeting? I wasn't informed by it." I followed Natalia to get dressed by my maids. The hallway was quiet as usual as the guards stood there silently except for the sound of Natalia's heels. Her heels clicked as we walked, her sword and daggers clinging against her waist.

"King of Mersaury called it early this morning. Also you're father wishes to see you first thing after you get changed." Natalia led me to where I usually get dressed.

— 20 minutes later —

I left the room and head to where my father would always work and plan for certain events. Heard another person's footsteps following mine and knew it was Natalia because of the racket of sounds she brings with her.

She opened the door for me and closed the door behind me. I noticed my father admiring something upon his hands.

"Father." I smiled and walked closer to see what he had but he covered it, clutching his hands over it.

"My beloved daughter." He widely smiled.

"How was your morning?" I politely asked him before asking why he wanted me this early.

"Like if I've never slept for a century." He laughed and I did so along with him.

After a moment of silence, I asked, "Natalia told me you wanted me for something."

"Oh yes!" He looked back down to his hands and walked behind me. I felt his cold hands on my neck and a cold stone on my chest. I looked down and it was shaped as the crescent moon.

"It used to be your mother's," he turned to me and took a long gaze at me. "You look just like your mother when she was young."

I look back at my new necklace and to my father, "Why give this to me now?"

"Felt like the right time." He placed his arm on my shoulder.

"Right." I stared coldly at the floor, remembering of how my mother died. "She's resting in peace father."