What are you doing?

"Shit shit shit shit shit SHIT!" I say packing up my luggage as fast as I can. Hoping Josh doesn't walk in and find me.
E:hey where are you?
J: out Christmas shopping. You?
I didn't reply. I couldn't tell Josh. I zip up my luggage and roll it out of my place. I lock the door and keep the key. I see my uber and get in putting my stuff next to me.
"Hey young lady where to?" The driver says
"The airport."
"Where are you headed?" He starts driving
"Home."
"But what about Josh you guys live here together don't you?" I glare at him in the mirror. "Of course I know who you are I see snapchat."
"Well I don't know why I felt the sudden urge to leave I just need to." He looks at me and pulls the car over. "Excuse me but the airport not the sidewalk."
"You need to sit." He turns around and looks at me "think deeply about what makes you want to leave."
"Well I don't know. It's almost Christmas time."
"No. what makes you want to be away from Josh?"
"Why a-"
"I really like you guys together. I'm one of Josh's old friends and I did the same thing you're doing. Except me and him don't talk anymore. I'm out of his life. I don't want that to happen to you so tell me why you're leaving."
"I said I don't know. I'm homesick. I love Josh I really do and I'm sorry about what happened between you two but it's my choice."
"So you want Josh gone? Forever?" He sighs and starts the car up again. "Ok sucks for you."
"No no no I don't want him gone b-"
"I know Josh. He doesn't want to love somebody that doesn't love him back."
"Are you trying to get me to stay here?"
"I'm trying my best."
"Well it's not good enough."
He drives off and the rest of the car ride is pure silence. We get to the airport and I get out. I lean on the passenger window frame
"So this isn't the right desicion?" I ask. He bites his lip and shakes his head no
"Well I'll have to take the risk." I give him money and he's off. Maybe he has a point. What will life be like with out josh. Well, I did go 25 years without him I can handle one more. I get to my flight and put everything in its proper place. I sit down and look out of the window. I pull down the curtain and look at my phone. 102 missed texts 45 missed calls 17 missed face times.
I turn off my phone and fall asleep on the plane by playing with my hair.
Jenna: hey Emily!
E: hey Jenna! What's up
J: no what's up with you? I went by the apartment and you're not there i had a surprise for you.
E: sorry. I'm out somewhere
J: do you not know where?
E: I know where I'm going just not where I am now.
J: ohh well are you Christmas shopping? It's next month! I'm so excited!
E: me too and kinda.
J: ohh well have fun just thought I'd text you.
E: tell everybody I said hey and I love them.
J: will do!

T: Emily
E: Tyler
T: you're gone aren't you?
E: what?
T: you're it at your apartment. It looks empty through the windows, your texts to Jenna are suspicious. Where are you?
E: Tyler..
T: I'm gonna call you.
Tyler Joseph wants to FaceTime. Fine. I put in my earbuds and accept.
"And she's on a plane!"
"What?!"
"Emily we've been on enough planes to know what they look like. Why are you doing this? Especially to Josh?"
"I-"
"He loves you so much. I know it's kinda early like what 4 months but he really likes you Emily."
"Ty. I love him too just-"
"Do you want me to tell him?"
"Plane is landing. Please turn off any devices."
"I got to go. And no I'll handle it." He nods his head
"Ok well we miss you bye now." I smile and end it and out everything up.
-home-
"Hey mom!"
"Emily?" She looks around the corner
"What the hell! Where is Josh?"
"Mom. Good to see you and I didn't tell him."
"Do it now." She folds her arms
"First off." I whisper "tell me who the other car is first."
"Ohh that's my date. I met someone I've. He's gone to the store right now but you'd like him."
"Look at you mom!" I smile. I open up FaceTime and call Josh.
"Hey." I say obviously saddened by my choice.
"Emily." Josh starts.
"Yes I know Josh I could have told you blah blah but look." I turn the camera to my mom and she waves.
"You're in Michigan?" He barely pieced together. I walk to my room and shut the door not answering him just yet.
"Yes and I'm sorry jo-"
"Why?"
"I'm not good enough for you. I'm not attractive, people think I'm using you, Jenna and Tyler made the relationship."
"It's almost Christmas Emily what the hell? I was waiting to come to my place wrap up your gifts and go by your place and shower you with kisses."
"And I ruined that for you. I get that a lot."
He sighs and bites his lip. "No just it would be ice to have a warning first."
"Ohh josh I'm sorry I ruined your life by making your fame status go down, taking away the amazing chance that other girls could have and for fucking up you and Tyler's friendship? Yeah that's a warning I want to give."
"Emily what the hell are you crazy? You've made my life 10 times better than I've ever been with anyone. You made me and Tyler better because now I don't sit on my ass and watch Jenna and Tyler be cute together and few bad for myself. You have at least made the band so much more popular because people love you but I love you more."
I wince in pain just now realizing the mistake I've made. A single tear falls from my eye.
"And now I can't wipe that tear away from your gorgeous face." He adds. "That's what I'm sorry for."