A Brother Above All Others

Beth jumped off of the school bus, and unlocked the door to her home. She jumped into her older brother, Daniel's, arms. "Hey Liz!" he exclaimed, tightening the embrace. "Danny!"

"How was your day?"

"Amazing! Math was fun, science was interesting... School is awesome!"

"That's great. I met this really cool guy who calls himself "Shalashaska"..." Daniel said

"Shalashaska? What kind of name is that?" Beth chuckled

"Well, he also goes by the name Ocelot. But never mind that. You've got to do your homework!" he said, giving her a small shove towards her room. She sat down at her desk, and opened her textbook. "There are 6 regions in the United States, and 24 regions in the world..." she read out loud. She continued reading until her phone rang. She was taken aback by the ring tone, which was her favorite song. "Not for honor, but for you! I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater!"

Beth quickly accepted the phone call. "Beth? Is it okay if I come over? My father got really angry at me and I'm a little afraid..." It was Liquid. "Of course you can come over! You're welcome anytime!"

************************************************************************************************

Beth swung the door open. What she saw made her jump back in surprise. Liquid was standing there, with a black eye, and blood trailing down his arm. "L-Liquid?! What happened?!" she screeched, pulling him inside. "Well, when i went out the door, my dad's dog attacked me. He got loose and pushed me over. You can guess the rest." Beth poured alcohol over the wound on his arm. He winced and cringed, pulling away slightly. "I'm sorry. This is just to sterilize it. Now stay here while I get some ice for your eye..."

*****    ****    *****    *****    *****    *****    ****    *****   *****    ******     ******    *****    *****

Thanks for reading! I hope that you like it! Have a wonderful day!