15

"Take your shirt off." he orders, sitting on my bed staring at me.
"But...I thought we were on the same page. You didn't want-"
"Shut up and do what I say, Ellen." he says calmly but forcefully. I quickly grab the bottom of my shirt and pull it over my head. He grabs my hand and pulls me toward him. He leans toward my bare skin, his lips inches from kissing my stomach.
The door slams open and I jump away from Isaiah, staring at Patrick who looks mad. He rushes in and grabs Isaiah by the collar, punching him in the face once before pushing him toward the window.
"You stay the hell away from her. I'm reporting your ass to the cops and to Shonda. Say goodbye to your job and to Ellen because you're never seeing her again. Now get out." he says angrily. Isaiah sprints across my bedroom and out of my house.
Patrick grabs my shirt and hands it to me. I quickly put it on and let him pull me into a hug. He kisses the top of my head, squeezing me tighter than i've ever been hugged.
"God Ellen, he almost...Jesus, why didn't you say anything? How long has he been doing this?" Patrick asks.
"It was just tonight." I tell him.
"Are you alright?" he asks, pulling back to look at me.
"Thank you for saving me Patrick. And I'm not just talking about today. That day at the beach, I can never thank you enough for saving me." I tell him. He smiles and kisses my forehead gently. He rests his forehead against mine and strokes my cheek with his finger.
"You should be getting to bed." he says softly. I grab his hand and pull him toward the bed.
"Will you stay?" I ask quietly.
"Of course." he says. He crawls into bed next to me and reaches across me to turn off the lamp. I stare at him in the darkness, trying to read his eyes, to know what he's thinking. They stare back, searching.
"What're you thinking about?" I ask, running my thumb against the stubble on his jaw.
"You." he says. "What're you thinking about?" he asks. I sigh and turn toward him.
"Why do men only chase after women for the chance of having sex with her. What ever happened to chivalry? It's like men only aspire to get a woman completely naked just to leave her embarrassed and alone. She takes off her clothes and lies there completely naked. And he takes advantage." I say upset.
"Ellen Kathleen, only foolish men suppose taking off a woman's clothes is the only way to get her completely naked. You must believe that there are guys out there that want to know you for who you are. They want to see your naked soul. They want to know you. What makes you laugh, what makes you cry, what turns you on. They want to know you." he says softly.
"Men like that don't exist." I whisper.
"They do."
"No one wants to know me like that. They see me as an object." I tell him.
"I don't see you as an object." he says. "I want to know you like that."
"Well yeah but that's because we're best friends." I say shaking my head.
"Ellen, we always look at each other for a little too long to be just friends. We can pretend all we want but you've changed me. You have made flowers grow in my lungs and although they're beautiful, I can't breathe, Ellen. Not unless you tell me how you feel." he says.
"Patrick, what are you trying to say?" I ask, sitting up. He sits up too and faces me.
"I love you. I've been in love with you. I love everything about you-"
"But you're married." I say.
"But I love you." he says.
"But I don't want you to feel obligated to love me. Don't rush to fall in love. Even in fairytales, the happy endings happen on the last page. I've waited for this feeling to pass, this love. But I've been waiting for long enough. I've been loving you ever since I pulled you out of that water, and Ellen, I can't wait any longer. I love you." he says, stroking me cheek softly.
"Pat, I love you too. But I'm afraid. I'm afraid of letting you in. I don't want to get hurt. I've been in a bad relationship too many times and I-"
His lips move gently against mine and I rest my hands on his neck, feeling his soft skin on mine. He pulls back gently, resting his forehead against mine.
"I can't promise that things will be perfect, but I promise I'll never leave. If you're not ready, I'll wait. I'll wait for you, as long as you need." he says softly.
"Don't wait. I'm ready to be with you." I tell him. I pull him toward me, kissing him again.

Sorry for such a long wait! This story hasn't exactly gone where I wanted it to go but that's what writer's block will do to ya. Anyways, I hope you like it!! XOXO 💋