The Sketchbook

The usual:
(F/n) first name
(L/n) last name
(H/c) hair colour
(E/c) eye colour
(H/n) horses name, if unsure you can use Apollo if you would like

*internal dialog* basically when you talking directly to yourself :P

This is my first LevixReader so please be kind and forgive my mistakes xx

Cover art by me.
---------------------------------------

It was my day off and I was sitting up against a tree looking over the track where the Captain likes to punish people by making them run laps. In all honesty I loved running laps because it was an escape for me. The freedom of the wind in my hair, the burn in my legs I deserved and the endorphin rust after was like a natural drug. I even got myself in trouble a few times when I needed time out on the track to think.

I sat there with my sketchbook which is filled with random things like my horse (h/n), some of my friends, dark forests and lonely places. The pictures usually matched my mood. I even had a few poems in there about life, most of them were about the darkness but it was my way of expressing all the emotions I can't bring myself to tell anyone else. Oh and of course drawings of the one and only Captain Levi. He was one of my favourite people to draw because his features were so defined and flawless. I even managed to draw him shirtless one time when he was sparing with Mike and can I just say WOW his body is perfectly sculpted, that was the best hour I have ever spent drawing! I am surprised I didn't get in trouble for staring. I sort of have a crush on the Captain but I know my feelings will never be returned. I am too broken and he doesn't strike me as the relationship type so I just admire from afar. I admire his strength of character most of all. He has been through some horrific things and he still keeps going. You could say he keeps me going on the darkest days. If Captain Levi can drag himself out of bed every day after what he has been through so can I.

Today was not a good day for me being the anniversary of my parents death so my sketches today were dark. A woman falling into the abyss, a scout dying in the field, and then I drew Captain Levi crying. I didn't know why but the image calmed me a little. Maybe because it felt like I wasn't the only one that felt sad and alone today. I was so involved in my drawing a didn't notice someone walk up to me until...

"(F/n)?" The voice said and it took me by complete surprise that I jumped and dropped my sketchbook. I looked up to see the subject of my latest drawing, Captain Levi, looking down at me. I jumped to my feet saluting
"C..Captain, um... sorry I...I didn't see you come over"
"I can tell" I swear I saw a small smirk on his face but as quickly as it came it was gone "You should be more aware of your surroundings (L/n), oh and no need to salute, we're off duty today" he said with little emotion in his voice as usual. As his eyes looked around and then he spotted my sketchbook, luckily it had fallen open on another picture, the one of the falling girl. My heart lept, he can't see that! I reached down to grab it at the same time he did but he was too quick and picked it up first.
"What is this (l/n)?" Levi asked me. I could feel the blood drain from my face. He can't find out. No one can.
"Nothing important sir" I tried to snatch the book out of his hands but he was too damn quick. He stared directly into my (e/c) eyes as if he was gauging my reactions. His blue grey eyes were piercing and I couldn't take it any more. I broke his gaze and looked down at the ground. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes as I tried to fight them back. That is my heart and soul in that sketchbook. Feelings that I didn't want anyone to know about least of all Captain Levi.
"Actually this is not nothing, but something very important to you isn't it (f/n)?" Levi's words were softer this time That took me by surprise and the fact that he used my first name. I nod. "Ok well I'll do you a deal (f/n), I return the book and overlook the fact you lied about it being important if you show me something inside it." Levi closed the book and offered it back to me. I was shocked to say the least.
"Um... ok, but why do you want to see what's inside my sketchbook?" I asked looking up at him. His face had a softness I had never seen before and I could feel a soft blush colour my cheeks. This was a side of Levi that not many people have ever seen. I took my Sketchbook from him.
"I always see you with this book (f/n) and I have always been curious at what it contained." Levi said rather honestly. "That and I am curious at why you were staring at me and that book for an hour while I was sparing with Mike last month..?" A definite smirk crossed his face this time.