The truth

Kion's POV
------------

I watched Uzuri play with the new cub, Nuka. I was pretty shocked that Dad and Mom actually let him stay. Probably because he's just a cub. Besides, nobody seems to mind him.

"When you come to a sharp turn, just let let your body slide!" Uzuri leaped and planted her feet on the ground, letting herself skid through the dirt before coming to a stop, still on her paws.

"Woah!" Nuka exclaimed excitedly. He rushed up to her while she cleaned the dirt from her paws "Cool move Uzuri!"

"Thanks!" Uzuri purred "Kion taught me that one!"

"You must really look up to him."

"Of course! He's my big brother, and I love him!"

I smiled at that. She really looked up to me. She was so innocent. It was really cute to see her actually practicing the things I taught her.

"Hey, I never really asked," Nuka said "But what's with your fur? I like it and all, but the fact that your grey and the rest of your family is golden or brown is confusing. Also you have emerald eyes and they have amber or blue."

My heart stopped

"Oh, I don't know," Uzuri shrugged "Mama just says I'm special. That I was born this way."

I stood and turned away from them, hurrying into Pride Rock.

Uzuri had to know. We couldn't just hide it from her anymore. Knowing that she's waking up to a lie everyday made my chest hurt.

"Hey, Dad?" I walked up to Simba, who was facing the other direction. "Can we talk?"

"Of course Kion," Simba turned to face me with soft eyes. "What is it?"

"It's about Uzuri dad," I said "We need to tell her."

Simba's eyes quickly hardened "Kion, you know we can't. She's too young."

"She's 13," I countered "I believe she's old enough. We can't let her live this lie anymore Dad!"

"What am I supposed to do?" Simba asked. "Just walk up and say, "Sorry Uzuri, you're adopted." !? It's not as easy as it sounds!"

Thud

My head whipped around, and my eyes widened in horror. There stood Uzuri, her mouth open and a stick that was once in her mouth on the cave floor. It didn't take long for her eyes to start watering.

"Uzuri....." I stepped forward, but before I could say another word, she whipped around and raced away. "Uzuri wait!"

I rushed after her, leaving my father in the dust, not caring what I stepped on or tripped over. I just kept running.

"UZURI!!!!"