Chapter 5

Through her eyes - Chapter 5

The ring of the doorbell echoed around the house interrupting the mother-daughter conversation between Nicki and Darcie as they are their breakfast. Nicki stood and walked towards the door before opening it. Drake stood on the other side wearing a navy blue suit and holding a flask which was probably filled with a hot drink of some kind inside.

"Morning," she said cheerfully as she wore a smile and he replied in a similar manner. "How are you today? We're just finishing off." She closed the door after letting him in and walked back to the kitchen, where Darcie sat swinging her legs as she ate her cereal.

"Hey trouble," Drake said as he walked into the kitchen causing Darcie to look at him with a smile.

"Hello Mr. Drake,"

"How are you today Princess? You all ready for school?" She nodded and Nicki just smiled as she watched the converse. She excused herself from the kitchen after finishing the last of her pancakes before and went to finish getting ready.

She brushed her hair into a high ponytail and completed her look with a blazer and a pair of red pumps. She sprayed some perfume before she headed back down the stairs and not too long later they were in the car, on their way to drop off Darcie...

-

Nicki sat scrolling through the various images and descriptions of houses to try and find the ones that suited her newest clients needs best. She was lost in her own world, humming a tune, when a knock interrupted her. The person didn't wait for her approval and it was there that she knew straight away in was Beyoncé.

"What's up?" Nicki asked, only tearing her eyes away from the screen for the slightest moment as she watch Bey take a seat on the couch in her office.

"I didn't forget." She stated simply. "I want you to explain the situation between you and boss man." She observed her nails for a moment before looking directly at Nicki.

Nicki just rolled her eyes slightly, not really knowing how she was going to go about it. She had completely forgotten that Bey was now in on a secret that barely anyone knew anything of. "I don't know what you want me to say Bey; it's complicated."

"Well start off by reeling me if he has any clue of the child being his." Nicki just shook her head. "So he doesn't know? He just thinks you have a daughter but it didn't end well with the father ?"

"And that's exactly what happened. I'm gonna see how long he's in my life for before I let him know. And to make matter worse, Darcie already knows." Nicki said before rubbing her temple. "We went out for dinner last night with him and his fiancé and before we even made it to the table, she had already worked out who he was,"

"But how did she know? Because I'm sure if you haven't told him then you haven't told her either." Bey gave her a look.

"I didn't tell her. My mother did. And she showed her pictures so it wasn't hard for her to pinpoint the face." She turned her attention back to her computer and continued scrolling. "I don't know what to do, so I'm just gonna let it play out as it does. He's happy with his fiancé and I'm not ready to ruin that with some news of his 5 year old daughter."

"At some point he's gonna need to know though nic; you can't keep this away from him forever. That's his child as well." Nicki didn't bother responding to the statement like Bey had expected. "Do you want a coffee?"

"Yes please," and at that Bey made her way out of the office and over to the staff kitchen. Not long later she was replaced by another member of staff.

"Come in," Nicki said, trying to mask the slight annoyance she had due to someone else interrupting her. The door opened and Drake walked in before closing it after himself. "Hey," she said with a small smile.