Chapter 9

Chapter 9

{Skylar}
I wake up in a cold sweat and I'm breathing heavy. Conner wakes up and looks over me before he pulls me towards him. "What happened while I was gone?" He asks in a voice just above a whisper. "I can't kill him Conner. I just can't do it." I whisper as he rocks me back and forth. "Who can't you kill?" He asks and I look him in his eyes. "My father. I can't kill him." I say and he looks at me like I've gone completely mad. "Why not?" He growls out and I slip out of his grasp. "It's my mom. She said that if I kill him then I'll have to kill her,and there's no way that I could do that to her." I say and put my head in my hands. "We'll figure out something Skylar. I promise that we will." Conner says and he pulls me in for a hug before he kisses me on my lips. Our lips move in sync and I love every second of it. He pulls away and gets out of the bed. He walks over to the balcony and I follow after him. I wrap my arms around his waist and lean my head on his bare back. "What's wrong Conner?" I ask and he sighs before he let's out a little chuckle. "I love that about you,Skylar; you can have a terrible day or something horribly wrong with you, but you'll always put yourself aside to check on someone." He says before he looks back at the moon which is a new moon,just barely there. "I need to go and visit my mother and father soon. I don't want to bring you with me,but there's no way you're staying here without me." He says and I chuckle at the last part. "I'm okay with whatever you think is best for me." I answer honestly and he turns around to look at me. "I'm so lucky to have you as my mate. Thank you so much." He says and puts his hands on my hips while I cup his cheeks with my hands. "I should be the one thanking you. I'm the lucky one." I say and he laughs which is just music to my ears. "Are you still broken?" I ask Conner and he gives me a small smile. "No I'm not. How about you?" He asks with the slightest hint of seriousness. "I don't feel dead anymore. So no, I'm not broken anymore." I say before I bury my head into the crook of his neck. "I love you." I whisper and I can just feel his warmth radiating off of his body. "I love you too." He says before we go back to bed.

{The next morning}
I wake up to a still sleeping Conner and roll out of bed. I smile down at him before I walk out of the house and walk over to the pack house. I walk in the see everyone bow down to me. I give a small smile and bow my head slightly towards them as I make my way to the kitchen. I walk in and see a boy with a book in his hands,deep in thought. I take a seat in front of him and wait for him to notice me. When he does his eyes widen to the size of basketballs, and he stands up to bow. "I'm so sorry my Luna. Please forgive me." He says and I giggle at him. "It's okay. I won't hurt you." I say in a soothing tone then look at the title of his book. "You're a new wolf,yes?" I ask and he sheepishly nods his head. "Do you have another copy of this book?" I ask and he sadly shakes his head no. "No I don't, but I do know where you can get one. Follow me." He says in excitement and I follow after him to a small area of the pack house that's filled with books. I walk in and know that I love it in here. "This library is amazing. My mother has her own collection, and I'd spend days in it." I say as I walk down row after row after row of books,running my fingers along them. I find the book that I'm looking for and read the title of it that says A Wolf's Handbook. I smile as I look through the book of contents. "You're the best! What's your name?" I ask as I give him a hug. "I'm Quinton." He says and I kiss him on the cheek before I run back to the house to tell Conner about my plan.