Chapter 3

The following morning, Hermione climbed out of bed sighing as she looked around, realising that it wasn't just an awful dream. Grabbing her uniform she stormed into the bathroom to get ready for classes theta day, slamming the door and unintentionally waking up Draco, who groaned in protect. "Granger! Shut the hell up!"

After being pointedly ignored, Draco slid out of bed, and began banging on the bathroom door. "Granger! Now I'm up I need to shower get your arse out of there!" With still no reply, he kept banging on the door. Eventually, Hermione walked out of the bathroom, stalking past Draco, picking up her school bag, that she had got ready for class the night before and left their room without a word. Draco, annoyed at this, sighed, and went to the bathroom, to shower himself.

Breakfast went pretty quickly and soon, Hermione and half of the 6th/7th years were in a before unused classroom, piling into chairs. A tall, brunette woman, who looked in her mid-thirties, stood before them. "Hello, and welcome to Family and Marriage class. I'm Professor Hart and the purpose of this class, is to help you all first, plan your weddings, and help you with the prospect of learning to live together as a family, and prepare you for your further offsprings," the woman said, in a no nonsense tone, but kindly nonetheless, "Now please, sit with your partners."

This took a while, of grumbling, knocking into each other whilst trying to pass each other, and certain students dragging their chairs as far apart from their betrothed as possible. Rolling her eyes at the students, she continued, "First off, while I know you may not like your partner, but there is no way out of this. So I want to see some respect for one another. You don't have to like the other, but I won't tolerate anyone treating each other wrong. We're going to start with a muggle game, called twenty questions, so you can learn more about each other. I'll start you off with your first question, and you may continue from there. Do you have any siblings?"

A few couples began talking straight away, others mumbling in monosyllables. Hermione looked at Draco sighing and said, "I'm an only child."

"So?" Draco snapped.

"That's where your supposed to say you have no siblings ferret!" Hermione retorted, getting annoyed.

"You know nothing about me Granger! For your information, I do have a sibling! So there!" Draco practically growled.

"Well we're not exactly best friends are we? How the bloody hell was I supposed to know that?"

"Apologise for assuming!"

"Why should I?"

"Because you were fucking wrong!"

"Enough!" Professor Hart exclaimed, having had enough of their screaming at each other. "Come with me. Everyone else, please continue. I'll be back shortly." The pair followed their Professor, glaring at one another, as they went down the corridor. Professor Hart lead them into another unused classroom, this one much smaller, with only a handful of desks and chairs. She ushered them into the room. "You two will do your assignment, and so you shall be staying in here until you have finished your 20 questions. This room is charmed to stay locked until your done." With that she closed the door with a click, and left.

The pair spent half an hour of cursing, screaming and swearing trying to get out of the room. Eventually the gave up, Hermione shoving the desks and chairs to one side. While Draco watched her curiously, she took sheets of parchment from one of the desks, and conjured them into large, plump, fluffy cushions which she lay in the floor, before she sat down crossed-leg. "I'm not sitting on the floor Granger," Draco said, his face scrunched up in disgust.

"I did this for me not you. Sit where you want, I just didn't want to test my luck on those rickety old chairs!" Hermione replied dismissively.

"A reparo would have worked," The boy sighed.

"Still not nearly as comfortable," Hermione shrugged, "Shall we do this? I'd rather get out of here today."

"Fine. Favourite colour?"

"Purple. You?"

"I expected it to be a bloody Gryffindor colour."

"Now who's assuming things?" Hermione gave a small half smile.

"Sorry," Draco mumbled, not looking at the bushy haired girl before him, as he slowly sat down on one of the cushions, furthest away from her.

"Is that an apology from the great Draco Malfoy?" Hermione stared at the boy in awe. She never would have expected that. "I'm sorry too."

"Don't get used to it," Draco warned. "And not many people know. My sister is a squib, 3 years younger than me. She lived with muggles for a while, with month we visiting her. Father didn't know that she did. He forbad us to acknowledge her existence. She's staying with my Aunt Andromeda now."

"Oh i see," Was all Hermione could reply.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, before Draco said, "Orange."

"What?" Hermione questioned, confused.

"My favourite colour." Draco shrugged.

They continued asking and answering questions, and Hermione wrote down their answers.

Siblings:

Hermione - Only Child Draco - Younger Sister

Favourite Colour:

Hermione - Purple Draco - Orange

Favourite Food:

Hermione - Thai Green Curry Draco - Pumpkin Pasties

Favourite Drink:

Both - Butterbeer

Favourite Subject:

Hermione - Transfiguration Draco - Potions

Least Favourite:

Hermione - Divination Draco - Care of Magical Creatures

Favourite Book:

Both - Hogwarts: A History

Favourite Movie:

Hermione - Wind in The Willows Draco - (What's a movie?)

Favourite Sweet:

Hermione - Chocolate Frogs Draco - Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean

Favourite Country:

Hermione - France Draco - Greece

Best Friend:

Hermione - Harry Draco - Blaise

Age of First Accidental Magic:

Hermione - 5 Draco - 4

Favourite Band:

Hermione - The Cranberries Draco - The Weird Sisters

Best Memory:

Hermione - Finding out I was a witch Draco - Voldemort dying

Favourite Animal:

Hermione - Cat Draco - Owl

Favourite Hobby:

Hermione - Reading Draco - Potion making

Dream Job:

Hermione - Healer Draco - Auror

Favourite Holiday:

Both - Christmas

How many kids do you want:

Both - 2 or 3

Where do you want to live:

Hermione - Muggle London Draco - Malfoy Manor

After the long list was finished, and the pair had stopped arguing about where they would live, they heard a small click. Hermione walked over to the door, and unlike every other time, it opened. "Well, I guess I'll see you in the flat Malfoy," and with that she was gone, leaving Draco to think about their first civil conversation, and what they'd learnt about each other.