Ty, Please Stop Climbing On Me And Find Something Else To Do

becauseoffandoms
How did you convince your dad to pay for his medical schooling?

I run errands for my Father on a regular basis. Those errands include - but are not limited to - banishing Titans back to Tartarus when they get the strength to escape and run rampant across the Underworld, killing monsters, and overseeing some things my Father is "too busy" for.

When I agreed to do these favors, I told my Father I would want favors in return, though they would be few and far between.

He agreed, not thinking I would honestly ask him for anything since I've been trying to avoid the Underworld and things to do with it as much as possible since I pulled myself together.

When Will mentioned going through medical school, I knew it would be difficult for us to pay ourselves and for him to find scholarships. So, I called up Dad and I told him he was going to pay for Will to go to school when he was ready.

Naturally, Hades tried to fight me on it, but I reminded him of our deal; I wasn't stupid enough to forego an Oath on the Styx when we discussed the deal intially.

Our conversation went something like this:

"Dad, you're going to pay for Will's medical education in its entirety no matter what happens between the two of us in that time period."

"Who do you think you are to try and make demands from me, boy?"

"Watch it, Hades. We have an Oath on the Styx that you will grant me favors and in return I will do as you ask of me. If you plan on breaking the Oath, I will no longer be your circus monkey."

"Yes, but a favor this large and this long lasting..."

"I haven't asked for one thing from you since we started this, Hades. Just pay his tuition, Father, please."

There was a lot of grumbling and angry looks given before he finally agreed. Of course, I made him swear on the Styx again that he would keep his word and pay for the tuition.

He was pissed, but he did it.

Ever since then, Will started university in a pre-med program and neither of us have had to pay a penny toward it and he's also been offered a place in the dorms, a meal plan, and all gratuities offered at his university, paid in full by none other than "a private benefactor".

And that is how I got the pressure of university bills off of our backs.

Send me more asks!!