Strong

Abandoned...

I know, that word's a sad one, but I just...I have to laugh.

Do you know what it feels like to be abandoned? By anyone, literally. If you do, then you would know how I'm feeling right now.

We were fine. We used to be, at least. There was nothing wrong.

Why did you have to leave?

Everything I did in our relationship was not only for you but for the both of us. All the hard work for nothing...

Then you come to me, look at me right in the eyes and say, "I can't do this anymore."

You're giving up on me...

On us.

Ok, we weren't that fine for those previous weeks, but we went through that together.

So, you abandoned me, and my loving heart. That little thing that you gave back to me was not a heart, no. That was a melted, shattered glass that used to be what kept us together.

I have to say, that technique you used was effective. You leave me, move on and go continue your life. You said for me to do the same.

It hurt, but I did anyways.

Years later, you talk to me. You don't greet me or anything. You asked it, straightforward.

"Did you regret us?"

I kept myself neutral, no matter how much the tears want to fall. You haven't changed a bit. I looked down and told you my answer.

"No."

You smiled. Your hand found its way to my cheek and carressed it. It was just like that for a few seconds, then you left.

Like nothing happened.

I was abandoned, again.

Author's note: I know, I know, this is a bit bland. I had nothing in mind and I'm working on a new book so, yeah...