; 05

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH M, J AND MOST ESPECIALLY T. I LOVE YOU THREE!

·

"Jung Sae-byeok," V chuckled as he used his arm strength to protect M from falling down on the ground. Her eyes were tightly shut and her left cheek rested completely on his shoulder.

"What?" M asked, her voice sounding like a mutter that was being held back, "What did you just say?" She didn't want to believe that he knew who she was. She never told anyone, not even her closest acquintances. It was a sealed secret.

"Your real name," He smiled whilst facing the path in front of him. "It sounds nice, sucks for you to be still be called M."

Red light.

"Fuck, V, put me down!" She demanded immediately in panic. Nobody was supposed to know at all. The only people who knew all about her were the small kids back then, and the shameless old men. She had made it out alive when she was younger, when most of them was killed.

She couldn't remember.

V calmly let her drop on the ground after the short piggyback-ride, her breathing quickened as she opened her bag and pulled out a sharp knife from the back. She didn't hesitate to point the tip towards V's direction- whom she immediately thought was one of her enemies.

"You..." She stammered im between big breaths, "They are back to get me, right? Are you a comrade of theirs, did they hire you to abduct me and take me back to them? Nobody's supposed to not find out where I am!" She immediately accused with tears slowly glistening her eyelids.

V just shot her a stare of disbelief and stepped closer towards her, "No, calm down, M. Nobody else knows who you are, alright? Nobody knows your name, only me. I swear I'm not one of them, put the knife down will you?"

"Then who the fuck are you?!" She shouted and threatened him by getting closer to him.

V's expression immediately faltered and subsequently gave her a small smile.

"Don't you remember my name from eleven years ago? It's in my nametag, Kim Taehyung, while yours doesn't. I'm your little buddy from back then, I know what it's like. I can't believe you forgot who I am."

"W-what.."

Little by little, flashbacks from M's past started to come around and dance around her head. The boy with the extremely fluffy hair, wonderful eyes and stunning smile, back then she has always thought she will never forget that little boy. But why now?

That little boy who's the reason behind her first racing heartbeat, who influenced her interest in crazy adventures, the little boy whom she showed her rare smiles to and that little one who held her hand.

How could she forget?

Especially the name..

"K-Kim Taehyung," A whirl of guilt formed in her stomach as she stuttered out his name.

She slowly lowered down the knife she had prepared in case something goes wrong. The boy she remembered, but the name she had forgotten. So embarrassing. Kim Taehyung was her safe haven from her childhood, as if she ever had one. Yet in school she never paid attention to that self-proclaimed troublemaker with the same name.

"Yes, Jung Sae-byeok," His smile grew wider and performed a short bow. "Nice to meet you again as you. I've always liked your name, it's dawn in English."

M was about to smile back as a response until she heard a strange noise coming from the back of her. It sounded like someone speeding away from something, the flap of the jacket and the hasty footsteps were completely audible. She flinched and turned her head towards the back, seeing no one but an empty road.

Adrenaline rushed through her face in panic, but V pulled her close to him, hushing her.

"Don't panic too much, Sae, I know what you're going through. I'll be here, as long as you trust me and not anybody else, okay?

~

Don't trust anybody but V,  repeatedly tapped the grain on her wooden desk while the whole class disruptively waited for the next teacher. She would turn her head towards the back to check on the boy who swayed her five nights ago, but she chose not to.

Jung Sae-byeok, I haven't heard anyone call me by that name in a long time, huh, she thought.

Then the teacher came. She didn't pay attention and started vandalizing her desk aimlessly.

"Everyone, stop what you're doing and focus on the front. And you, miss, cooperate as well," the four-eyed teacher pointed at M's direction.

M's seatmate reluctantly tapped her shooulder for her to raise her head up to the teacher, which she did.

Just as she was about to avoid the teacher again, she noticed that there's a good looking boy standing in front of her. Dressed in formal yet slight casual clothing, he was nowhere near tacky. He looked educated, well-groomed with newly polished shoes and rolled up sleeves. His polo had little to no crease and his whole outfit looked outright pleasing.

"We have a new practice teacher, Mr. Ahn. He goes to Seoul university and he'll be staying with us for seven weeks. He'll get marked on the way he teaches you guys. So it's completely upto how all of you interact with each other to be able to know if he passes as a good teacher or not. Treat him nicely," the teacher explained thoroughly.

The student teacher did his greeting afterwards, followed by the warm welcome and applause performed by the whole classroom. M remained unmoved, unknowingly just staring at the new teacher standing right in front of her.

The sound of her racing heartbeat just became more audible right after both of her eyes met. A smile - almost a smirk, formed in the substitute teacher's lips. V, on the other hand confusingly stared at M's reaction from afar.

She couldn't stop staring.

Weird imaginations were circling around her head once again.

V diverted his gace from M to the teacher once again, sparing him one last glance before concern completely took over his emotions. Why did he feel like there's something wrong with that smile?

M shook her head to avoid thinking too much of this matter. She didn't speak a word to the two teachers in front and abruptly stood up from her desk, subsequently interrupting the cheery session the class was having. She scurried out of the classroom without hesitation.

Her legs then turned numb, causing her to lose balance, which then led to her bottom landing on the floor. Her hand landed on the strange, aching feeling forming in her chest, rubbing it in circles to comfort herself.

Why do I seem so strong yet act so frail?, she asked herself.

She had never felt such pain and burden in her heart before. Thoughts swam around her head, searching for unreachable answers. She felt guilt, most of all, guilt of even bothering tk gawk at someone else who made her heart race as well.

All the thoughts she had and all the nights she spent just thinking about V, were suddenly replaced by someone new.

Someone whom she has never even talked to yet.

A student teacher. Someone merely a few years older than her. For some reason, she could sense a deeper connection occuring in the future with someone she just met.

And for some reason, again, he thought that she may soon betray V's trust. Guilt has already overwhelmed her. And this is even barely the beginning.

Why is this happening to me?, M asked to herself, letting out the nervous thought to herself.

---

A/N: 🐸☕ bich