Chapter 6

We eventually pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant called The Clink. On the outside, it didn't look fancy at all. But believe me, looks can be deceiving. When we walked inside, it looked amazing. And according to what George told us as we were shown to our table, The Clink was the first restaurant to serve meals to the  public inside prison walls. "Well, that's interesting," said Kieran, obviously feeling a little concerned about the food (he wasn't the only one). "Don't worry, they don't serve prison food here," said George. We all breathed a sigh of relief as our waiter came to get our drink orders.

Several minutes later, our food had arrived. George decided to take this opportunity to get to know us a little better. "So, how about the four of you go around and say where you're from and an interesting fact about yourself. Emily, you start," he said. "Well, I'm from Cardiff, and I play clarinet as well as sing," I said. "Nice. Did you bring your clarinet with you? I'm sure we'd all love to hear you play," said Ishana. "As a matter of fact, I did. I'll have to find time, though," I said. "We'll make time, don't worry. Rebecca, you're next," said George. "I'm from Essex, and I work as a journalist," she said. "Nice!" I exclaimed.
As we talked, I learned that Kieran was from Dublin, Ireland and that he was an usher in a movie theater, while Ishana was from London and worked as an accountant. We actually learned a lot more about ourselves as the night went on, especially the fact that all four of us played an instrument. Rebecca played cello, Kieran played bassoon, and Ishana played trombone. We were all becoming great friends. George decided to pay for dinner since we were so busy talking. And we didn't even stop talking on the way back to the hotel. "Wow. My plan worked a lot better than I expected. I had no idea that the four of you would have so much in common," said George. "You took the words right out of me," I said. "Anyways, I just want to let you guys know that they're beginning to air the blind auditions tonight on ITV," he said. "Which one are they showing tonight?" asked Kieran. "They are showing the Cardiff auditions, so we'll definitely be seeing your blind audition, Emily," said George. I started getting nervous when he said that. Kieran squeezed my hand. "Don't worry. We know you did great. You don't need to be nervous," he said. "I know. I've just never been on TV before," I said. "Believe me, Emily, I know how you feel. You get used to it the more you do it," said George. "Thanks," I said as we got out of the van and went back to our rooms. 'Well, here goes nothing,' I thought as we turned to ITV.