Chapter 3: Guess Who Is Awake

"Have you seen Dr. Shepherd?" Owen asked to another nurse since the last 5 couldn't answer.

"She's at the cafeteria" Nurse Maria said and Owen ran there.

He found her sitting on a bench with a coffee cup in hands.

"What happened there?" Owen asked her.

"Nothing happened" she said stubborn as always.

"Amelia. What's going on? We can accuse anyone like that. You know that right?" He said.

"I know" she said looking upset.

"What's going on?" He asked again.

"It's just... She just so little." She said as her voice got thick. She didn't knew why she was feeling that horrible. "She's been through so much and she's not even 5 yet. And she's stuck with them" Amelia said.

"I asked Susan to try to find out if they gave her the medicine or not. Because if they did, than we have an entire different case here." Owen said and Amelia looked serious.

"We'll stand up for her don't worry" Owen told her.

..

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

..

Dr. Edwards was sitting at the small couch on the room just staring at sleeping Olivia when the young girl started to move a little bit. Stephanie stayed still and didn't make a sound trying not to wake the child. She had given Olivia 2 injections of glucagon in the last hour. Both on her legs. She had to rotate around legs, belly and bum, so it wouldn't get too sore.

Suddenly the little girl opened her eyes.

The bright light made her head hurt really bad and she got really scared so she started crying.

"Hey it's okay" dr. Edwards said getting close to the bed which just made the girl cry more.

"Hi. I'm Dr. Edwards. You're in the hospital honey. It's okay" she said and the girl sat up and kept crying and looking around the room, her eyes in panic. She also felt dizzy but she didn't know what dizzy was.

Suddenly Amelia appeared at the door.

"What happened?" She asked confused.

"She just woke up" Dr. Edwards said.

"Hey honey. It's okay." Amelia said getting close to the bed but Olivia kept crying. "It's me. Remember me?" She said and placed her hand on the girl's hand and Olivia moved away.

"It's okay Olivia. I won't hurt you" Amelia said.

"Look I'm Dr. Shepherd but can call me Amelia okay?" She said.

"Au" Olivia cried taking one hand and placing on her forehead. The tone in her voice broke Amelia's heart.

"Where does it hurt honey?" Amelia asked.

Olivia's breathing was getting faster and Amelia didn't want to sedate the child again so she decided to try calming the girl down.

"Where does it hurt? You can tell me" Amelia said and the girl shook her head no.

"We just want to help sweetie. Maybe we can make the pain stop" Amelia said. Olivia was crying a bit less now as she payed attention to what Amelia was saying.

"Does your arm hurt?" Amelia asked just to start somewhere and the girl said no.

"What about your head?" She asked.

"Yeah" Olivia said and started crying again. "And my tummy too" she added.

"We can give you some medicine to drink to make that go away huh? Would you like that?" Amelia asked softly and Olivia nodded yes.