Chapter 2

Kevin

"I'm so sorry, babe, I didn't mean to make you cry. I love you and never mean to hurt you, I just want to keep you safe. If you know too much, they can find out." I whisper in her ear while she's sleeping. If she remembers, she won't be safe anymore. I trace her face and neck admiring her features. Damn, I love this girl more than anything.

Kayla

Keep me safe? Know too much? They, who's they? Now I'm getting a little afraid, but, intrigued. I'm sure it won't be that bad if I found out. I don't want to invade his privacy either. I stretch and pretend to wake up.

"Hey babe." He kisses my cheek. I get up and take my phone.

"Where you going?"

"To the bathroom."

"Oh aight." The second I close the door I call Irene.

Me: Hello?

Irene: Aye what's up?

Me: Well Kevin thought I was sleeping and said how he can't let me know his secret because I wouldn't be safe. And once I know too much they could find out, something like that.

Irene: Woah. What if he owns a club? And he doesn't want his hoes to find out because they'd jump you."

Me: Well that's a good start I guess. But I decided I wanted to try and find out.

Irene: You, the least sneakiest person in the world try to find out what he's hiding?

Me: What? I can totally be sneaky.

Irene: Kay, you look suspicious even when you're not doing anything. When you think someone is accusing you, let me add when they're obviously not, you panick and blurt out the truth.

Me: This will be different, I promise.

Irene: Why are you saying this like I'm the one giving you permission? You can do whatever you want.

Me: I know but I need your advice.

Irene: I don't know, start by looking through his phone.

Me: I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Irene: But I wish you the best of luck, I have a lot of files to go through.

Me: Thanks Irene, bye.

Irene: Bye.

Step one, look through his phone. That shouldn't be so hard. I'll just do it while he's sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Kay you still not sleeping yet?" His voice wakes me up from almost knocking out.

"Nope, I'm wide awake." Kevin always stays up till three in the morning, sometimes even later. I can't stay up for my life, I'm surprised I'm still up. I check the time on my phone and it's one fifty two. I know Kevin will go to sleep if I ask to cuddle with him but I know I'd fall asleep the second my head touches his chest.

"You don't wanna go to sleep?" He pauses his two sixteen J. I mean sixteen H two, or was it seventeen. I'm too sleepy to even think right now.

"No, no, I'm fine."

"You're sleepy, just lay down." He laughs at my closing eye lids.

"I'm awake, I wanna stay up with you." I sit up to keep myself from knocking out.

"Aww babe, you want to cuddle?" He turns off his Xbox and places the controller on the nightstand. I automatically shake my head.

"Wait no, no I don't!" I exclaim remembering I'd fall asleep so quick if we cuddled.

"Huh?" I can barely see him turn his head sideways. "Then why are you trying to stay up?"

"Be....Bec....becau....." I feel my body fall into his arms but quickly sit back, snorting a little. Kevin starts to laugh so hard.

"Come on, you're going to bed." He gently lays me down and holds me tightly. I try to push away but sleep gets to me first and makes my arms go weak. He gives me one last kiss before I'm fully asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up feeling coldness on my back. Kevin's gone, I can go through his phone. Wait, I check all around the apartment and he's nowhere to be found. Time to get to business. The first password I guess is one, two, three, four. Unfortunately, it wasn't it. What could it be? Our anniversary! I try it and it works. I do a little dance before continuing. Where to look fir-

"Kayla, have you seen my phone?" Kevin opens the front door and yells from downstairs. I quickly place it face down on the nightstand and hug my Mickey Mouse stuffy pretending to be asleep. "Here it is." He says aloud. He kisses me on the cheek then closes the bedroom door. So close. I decide to go shower.

~~~~~~~~~~

I spent most of my day doing nothing. I might as well go to the café. It was a few minute walk there.

"Hello, how are you?" The lady asks.

"Good, I would like the number eight with four pumps of hazelnut syrup." When I got my drink I almost bumped into a little boy. "He is so cute, I love his hair."

"Thank you." She smiles and so does he. I go and sit at the table outside. A few minutes later, the woman and her son sit at the table on the other side of the door. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna get you some napkins for your croissant." She walks inside. A man standing by the wall looks at the kid.

"Aye buddy, here." He throws an envelope on the table then walks away. The little boy opens the envelope and pulls out a drawing. The mother comes out and hands him his napkins.

"Where'd you get this?"

"A man gave it to me." She looks at the picture.

"The Mazis." She says just loud enough for me to hear.

"What's that?"

"Nothing honey, don't ever take anything from a stranger, ok?" The boy nods. The Mazis? I do a little Google search about it on my phone. I decide to text Irene.

Me: aye have you heard about the Mazis??

Irene: the gang right

Me: yea

Irene: yea, didn't you

Me: no

Irene: bruh how, everyone knows about them

Me: well now ik

Irene: smh, you late asf, what if kev in that

Me: good guess but idk, why would he hide that from me, don't they brag about their gang girlfriends in da movies

Irene: lmao yea, but it could be anything, so did you get to his phone or you fell asleep

Me: I fell aslseep but tried this morning, he forgot it but came back right when I guessed his password

Irene: good luck

Me: thnx