Chapter Eight

Authors Note: It's been almost a month since my last update due to me wanting to perfect two very important chapters of My book I Was His. But enough of me babbling , please enjoy this chapter an don't forget to vote and comment !

Authors Note from 2020: I know o keep mentioning my book I was his but I suggest you don't read it ( well you can if you want but I wrote it when I was 15 so it's very clichè and yeah) . The only book I recommend you read along side this or after this is The Punishers Mate as the characters crossover a lot .

'Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad'
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As his lips descended to mine, my body and brain seemed to freeze simultaneously as I didn't know what to do. I had never been kissed before which meant I was incredibly inexperienced with no useful insight and I wanted this kiss to be perfect .

"What is wrong human?" He asked with a frown as he gently pulled back from my lips as he noticed I had became as still as a statue.

"Jasmine" I corrected automatically before whispering "I- I uh, I'm not s-sure what to do? With my mouth ?"

My face flushed bright red at my statement, could I sound anymore like a dork? Why did I constantly have to embarrass myself ? Couldn't I seem cool for once in front of him?

A grin spread across  his face faster than I could blink before he let out an earth shattering laugh; embarrassment and anger crawled up my stomach but as I was about to glare at him , I stopped.

His usual cold and hostile demeanour seemed to vanish which brightened the room up significantly, his mesmerising smile took up the whole of his face and made him turn from devilishly handsome to hearbreakingly beautiful .

My breath caught in my throat with the thought of how I had been made specially for him , that someone as average and forgetful was destined for someone so powerful and unforgettable. It was unfathomable, I couldn't even begin to understand how or why but I felt incredibly happy and blessed - finally, I would have somewhere and someone to belong too .

Too caught up in my day dreams I didn't realise that Chaos had stopped laughing and when I finally did, I felt my skin heat up again due to his intense and curious gaze that rested upon me .

"What?" I mumbled out , shyly ducking my head.

"You like my laugh " He stated, his tone sure and confident . He wasn't bragging , it was just very matter-of-fact.

"It's pretty" I confessed with a shrug , finding no reason to lie.

"Hmmm" He rubbed his throat before saying "I have not laughed in over one hundred years , how odd".

My eyes widened in shock; how was it possible to go so long without laughter ? I knew he was being serious as something told me that he didn't understand the concept of a joke .

"Are you serious ?" I replied , not being able to help it .

"I am always serious human, now, you have never been kissed before ?"

I shook my head .

"Good. Because If you did then I would kidnap them, kill them and mate you over their dead corpse so they knew who you belonged too" He said while casually tucking my hair behind my ears.

"Excuse me!" I squeaked out, trying to take a step back which was quickly prevented due to his harsh glare.

"You are not mine then?" He growled out,  his expression as harsh as a winters morning .