Chapter 25

"Okay, so. The second we see Sno, what do we do?" I asked the group I was now speaking with; Bri, Trenton, Tiffany, and Jewel.

Farris, Darren, Kai, and Kale were defending the pavilion as I discussed the plan with the current group.

"Attack, just as you told us," Jewel said, her face still covered in determination.

"If we go down," I started, waiting for them to finish.

"We go down together," all four stated, calmly and in sync.

"Alright, go help the other four defend the pavilion. You know what to do if you see someone on the opposing side and someone who is one of us or our allies," I told them before grabbing onto a wooden bar about a foot above my head.

It's not the best plan, we had to come up with it on the spot; but it would work. With my natural skill, I could hide up here until we spotted Sno. The 8 around me would occupy the others until Sno was within reach of me. I could jump down and attack.

If we take down Sno and anyone he brings with him here, we win.

    I watched as a burly man kicked down Farris and began swinging his fist.

Kale kicked the man in the side of the head, not enough to knock him over but surely enough to get his attention onto her instead.

He stood up from Farris and lunged after Kale. Kai tossed a knife that penetrated his neck. The man fell onto his knees before lifting a shaky hand to his neck that was gushing blood.

    A woman came running towards us, screaming and yelling. I jumped down, unable to watch my friends get hurt, and kicked her in the stomach. She fell to a crouch, clutching her stomach and groaning in pain.

     She swung her knife with a free hand, "Why do you do this to yourselves?" She asked before I kicked the knife from her hand.

     Kale ran up, and wrapped an arm around the girls throat. "Kale, wait!"

     "For what? She's the enemy, I should just kill her!"

     I ignored the curly haired friend of mine, and looked at the girl in his grasp, "Do what to ourselves?"

    "You picked the wrong fight, bit-." Kale tightened her grip on her throat, "We have explosives," she grinned, laughing as if it were some kind of a sick joke.

    I looked up at Kale, and frantically looked at the others. Shock covered their faces as well as mine. The girls laughing interupted us.

     "You're all so stupid! You're going against Sno, you know, Blu's brother. You. Can't. Win," she said every word like a death sentence.

    Kale suddenly smacked the girls face against a nearby table, "You can shut your mouth or I can tear you a new one, choose wisely now," Kale said to the girl.

    She said nothing, staring straght at me. She spit out blood, and smiled, "See you in hell," she started laughing and Kale slammed her into the table again.

    She still laughed, blood and bruises covered her face. Her blond hair was now red, but she still laughed.

    I kicked her in the stomach, and I walked away. I heard her faintly laughing, pain now prevalent in her voice.

    Suddenly, her laughs were replaced with sobs, "I'm going to die," she kept repeating.

    I heard a now oddly familiar sound of skin being sliced as Kale slit her throat.

    Kale dragged her small body away. When she came back, she looked at us calmly. Her eyes were vacant of the usual cheeriness they almost always held.

    "What if she was lying?" I suddenly mentioned, "She was a Westerner afterall."

     "It's more than likely," Darren spoke up.

     There was a loud sound and all of us here looked up to see burning trees and smell the smoke.

    "I guess they weren't lying," I said as more went off.

    One was too close to our pavillion. A tree fell on our roof, collapsing it with most of us underneath.

    My legs were stuck under a picnic bench.

    "Is everyone okay?" Kai called out from somewhere farther away. I tried to move my legs; nothing. I couldn't move my legs. I tried pushing the picnic table off; nothing. There was something pinning it down on top of me.

    There was a round of replies to Kai, I heard someone say my name. Quieter, then louder. It was Farris and Kai.

     "I'm over here!" I yelled out.

    "Are you okay?" Kai called when I began hearing his footsteps.

    "I'm stuck. I can't get out."

    Kai bent down to me and grabbed my hand, "We'll get you out of here, Cami."

    "Don't pull her, you'll most likely shred her legs if you try. You have no idea what could be under that table with her," It was the first time I heard Farris speak at all in the past few hours.

     "What could there possibly be?" Kai nearly shouted, going to grab my hands again.

    "Kai, you're the intelligent one here. Use your over-educated brain."

     "Stop arguing and just get me out," I interjected.

    Gun shots continued to ring out while the two worked on getting me free.

    After what felt like hours, the large branch that had been lifted off. Feeling useless by being stuck for so long, I basically threw the table off and ran out behind an enemy that was fighting Kale.

     I grabbed hard at the boys hair, throwing him off of Kale. When he tried to fight back, I pushed him into a picnic table that had been standing up.

     "This wasn't quite how I expected it to go, Cameira."

     "What the hell are you talking about?"

     "Awe cute, you don't remember. I'm Baden, from the beginning of the Fall," He grinned, "you told me a desk had a better chance at being with you."

     Memories rushed through my head, Baden took advantage of this and pushed me down to the ground. He pinned me down, even against my struggling.

     "Get off me!" I yelled, hoping one of the others would help.

     "You realise my men and women are preoccupying them, right?" I heard an unfamiliar voice say above me.

     "Why?" I asked, "The world falls apart and you still have to be a bully."

     "There's no real reason. Oh wait, you killed my sister."

     I could hear the ice in his voice, imagine the hailstorms in his eyes. Baden got off, and was replaced by a dark haired, bright blue eyed man.

     "Hi there, I'm Sno. I've wanted to meet you for so long, even when Blu kept me hidden. You were a hot topic, she really liked you. She saw alot of potential in you. Then you got her killed."

     "I'm sorry."

     "That doesn't cut it. When she and I were growing up, our parents were pretty strict on that 'eye for an eye' thing."

     "Then kill me. But no one else deserved this."

     "The only way to get to you was through killing them. And losing many of my people in the process."

     "You got to me. Kill me," I said with a straight and calm face.

     "Fine."