| 17 | We're Your Family

Yuu smiled warmly and rubbed the petrified boy soothingly. Yoichi trembled with his cries and dug his face deeper in my shoulder softly, hiccupping ever second here and there. "Yoichi-Kun.." I mumbled lowly and squeezed his shoulder. I've underestimated him greatly, I can assure you that. Deep footsteps echoed out into the room making Yoichi quickly stop his crying and look up.

Yoichi slowly released Yuu and I who exchanged rather friendly looks before turning around where Guren stood in front of us all. What does he want? His mouth that was once just a thin line curved upwards into a sweet smile, until out of the blue he smashed his leg against Yuu's chest. I widened my eyes and backed up a few steps. I honestly just think the man has some type of grudge against Yuu. "You took too long to come back!" Guren yelled.

Yuu groaned and twitched as he looked up angrily at Guren. "W-Why did you kick me?" he stuttered before falling to the ground. "Could he not handle that?" I muttered. "He's weak Angel. A weak idiot." Kimizuki joked. I smirked at his answer. Don't underestimate that Hyakuya either, all you humans have tricks up your sleeves. "Y-Yu-Kun!" Yoichi squeaked and shifted his eye around, trying to figure out how to help him out.

"A-Angel! Please!" Yoichi pleaded. I sighed and walked towards him, crouching down beside Yuu's fallen figure and pressing my fingers against his neck. Yoichi was too flustered to do anything at the moment. Right when he called my name I knew why he did so. "He's alive Yoichi..sadly." I whispered the last part, feeling Yuu's beating pulse against my skin.

Guren suddenly shoved his foot softly against Yoichis back earning a squeak from him. "You have a gift. But you feel guilty for not helping your sister, losing your desire to live. But today, you found it, didn't you?" he said and Yoichi gasped. "Protecting your comrades that saved you today is your reason to live. Revenge? Don't get hung up on something small." Guren said.

"Please don't. You'll end up like him." I said and pointed to Yuu. Yoichi chuckled. "But the same goes for you Angel." Guren said and I glared at him. "Huh!?" I said as Guren shoved Yuu's head a bit making him tilt his head up from the floor. "Both of you. Forget about your previous family." he said. "Huh? Don't be sill--" Guren cut Yuu off. "This is your new family. Put your life on the line for this family, idiots." he said.

I bit my lip from commenting on his word idiot's. But to put my life on the line for a bunch of humans, that...that has to be a joke. "There's nothing in the past. It's the future that has things to offer." Guren said proudly. "Shut up." Yuu grumbled but that only boosted Guren's inner confidence. "Anyways, since you've got your Cursed Gears, and you kinda worked as a team let's all go out to the front line, shall we?" he said.

"Front line!?" Yuu and Yoichi said together. "Yeah, we found out that the vampires from the Kansai region are planning on taking back Shinjuku. We're going to investigate that place." he said. Yuu grinned. "Then we can hunt vampires, right!?" he asked energetically. "W-We're going out onto the field, straight away?" Yoichi asked. "Even after all this fighting we just did together?" I asked. "Don't we get a break or something?" Kimizuki asked.

Shinoa giggled.

"Jeez, it's such a pain to raise kids."

☽☽☽

"Angel! How are you? Are you enjoying life? Are you enjoying your family? Hey Angel? Do you remember me? Angel~why did you leave me? Me, mom, and dad all alone? You didn't even try to help us out.." Coroline said eerily as her hair bounced along with the dark smoke circling her. She smiled and cocked her head to the side, sending a beautiful but wicked smile out. "I hope tomorrow night you have an answer or it'll just be a replay." she winked and the smoke covered her figure slowly, calming down and revealing that it was only a simple Sebastian wearing a façade.

"Until the day you, Angel, kill the one who demolished your family is the day I get to take over and devour you. But until then use me as not just a weapon but as a savior by your side. Just remember not all savior are good people." he reminded and licked his lip, his red eyes glowing as if he was the devil himself.

I shot open my eyes, rubbing them for a minute before actually realizing that I was awake

I shot open my eyes, rubbing them for a minute before actually realizing that I was awake. I yawned loudly and stretched my arms out wide along with the action. "W-What? Wait where are you Sebastian.." I mumbled with a hint of care, shifting from side to side to find the demon. In your bag hybrid. I rolled my eyes at the nickname he bared me and locked gazes with my brown bag.

I leaned over and grabbed it, bringing it in my lap and opening it to find the small key necklace that I had soon realized yesterday was the demons 'cover' form. I put on the dangling necklace with no trouble, digging further in my bag until coming into contact with the familiar feeling of a bottle.

I pulled it out and admired the glistening blood that swirled around inside the glass container. I took off the top smoothly and sipped down the delicious liquid that swam down my throat.

Another day

Another day with these goddamn humans

________

Authors Note: So I just realized that I chose the name Sebastian for Angels demon and I used the picture from Black Butler from the character who's name is Sebastian and is a demon.....aren't I a smart one. Now I want to pick a different name BUT I don't feel like doing all the extra. Also I want to apologize again for the delay of updating.

I have no excuse for it either. I was going to update Saturday but I got REALLY sick so...gomenasai. Also I entered my story in the AnimeWattys! Yay~ Voting doesn't start yet (this is my first time) and also I don't think I'm going to win because there's this other Mikayuu story with WAY more reads then me but I think it'll still be fun if I win or not!

I'll alert you when voting starts. You can vote if you want to but you don't have to it's just greatly appreciated. Until next time and I'll try to update more soon~

Gomenasai again for the delay.