Come Back

Alright! Alright! You all wore me down! Here is your sequel. But I wrote it in under an hour, so if there are any mistakes don't blame me. Jk. Just let me know and I'll try to fix it. Thank you for reading!

You sat at your favorite spot in the library, enjoying one of your favorite books. It was one you had read many times before, and yet, you kept coming back to it. It was like a fond memory you just couldn't get rid of.

As you read, slipping farther and farther down in your chair, you hardly noticed someone approach your table.

"Um, excuse me. Miss? Hello? Miss?"

Finally you noticed the person calling for your attention across from you and you snapped out of your book, embarrassment sending blood rushing to your cheeks. You looked up to see a handsome man sitting across from you, his blue eyes piercing into yours as he waited for you to reply. You stared in awe at him, something about him making your heart pound and all thoughts disappear from your head. You felt dizzy for a moment before finally managing to ask, "Y-Yes? May I help you?"

He smiled warmly. It dazzled you, reminding you of good things and making you feel warm and happy. But with it came a sort of sadness you couldn't quite place. Something that made your stomach drop and your eyes well up with tears.

Realizing your insane train of thought, you shook out of it to hear the man reply, "I think you can, actually. Do you mind helping me carry my books out? I'd do it myself except... well I might have gotten carried away and checked out too many. I don't think my wheelchair can hold them all." He laughed, and you just noticed that the man was indeed in a wheelchair by your table, books stacked high on his lap.

"Oh, of course. Of course. Let me just grab my things." You rushed to throw your own books in your bag and sling it onto your shoulder as you stood and made your way over to the man. When you stood in front of him, you leaned down and took as many of the books on his pile as you could, bundling them into your arms and straightening again. You brushed your hair out of your face and asked, "So, where are you headed again?" When he didn't immediately reply, you looked back at him to see his eyes lingering on you. At first you became nervous, only to notice there was a sadness to them, not lust or anything creepy you'd seen on the faces of many men in your life. And when you looked into his eyes, you were sure you could feel them reflecting the same sadness.

Again you shook out of it. And he seemed to do the same as he quickly replied, cheeriness back in his voice, "Oh, just outside. My car isn't far, I promise."

You nodded and followed him out as he went out the library doors and down the ramp. True to his word, not far from the door, he stopped by a silver van and turned to you. You shifted the books in your arms and waited for him to open the door, to unlock it or something. When he did neither, you turned back to him. He was staring again, his mouth open as if to say something. You waited, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion. You began to look around to find that the parking lot was mostly empty. Thoughts began to surface in your mind, Hold on. How does he drive a car? Shouldn't he have someone with him to take him places? If so, why wouldn't they carry his books?

Being paranoid as you are, these thoughts started to catch up with you, and you blurted, "I-I have to go." You turned to leave, intending to make a quick escape without even giving him his books back, when his hand caught your wrist.

A spark travelled up your arm.

Startled, you gasped and dropped the text books you'd been carrying, leaving you staring at this strange man in a library parking lot.

"Y/N please. I made a mistake and I can't live without you. I know you may hate me for what I did, and you might not even come back with me, but please... I need you to remember me..."

As if with his words, images and memories began to flood your mind's eye. Erik, Raven, Hank. The team. Training and bonding. A life you built with them, finally free to be mutant and proud. And someone else. A face so dear and familiar to you, you couldn't believe you'd ever forgotten it.

"Charles..." You breathed his name, just barely, but it still brought tears to your eyes and butterflies to your stomach. You looked down at the man you loved and started to cry. You flung your arms around his neck, and he was quick to do the same, pulling you close and whispering, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'll never do it again, I promise."

You pulled away and scolded, "You had better not, Charles! I never want to forget you! Especially against my own will, you idiot!" You swatted his arm playfully, laughing through your tears. He laughed in response and wiped away the tears on your cheeks, saying, "I know! I know! But you can torture me for it later. Right now, I want you to come back to the mansion with me. Come see the School. And this time, stay. Please?"

You grinned, your heart swelling in your chest with happiness. You leaned down and pressed your lips to his, trying to soak up every memory you'd missed with him in your time apart. When you drew back, you continued to smile and say, "You can take that as a yes."