Chapter 6 - Insight of Past

** MANIK**

"Arrggghhh" I groaned. This headache is killing me and this fucking lights coming from the window is frustrating the hell out of me. I picked the telecom beside my bed and called for my black coffee. Not longer before the coffee arrived. I sat on the bed resting my back on the bed rest. The aroma of this coffee is perfect and strong the way I like it. My eyes are still not open fully and I was pressing my head with one hand and with the other I picked my coffee and take a sip.

'Umm.. Soothing' I lifted my eyes too see the clock. It was 11 in the morning, my usual time to wake up. I kept pressing my forehead remembering the last night. I can't recall much but I have it in bits and pieces.

Going to the party with Nandini. Cabir's lecture. Alya's performance. Leaving the place. Driving to the bar and then.....

"C'mon Manik.. Think..!!" I tried to get more pictures of yesterday.

Drinking but not much coz it was already near 1, closing time for bars. Driving back to the venue. It must have been around 1 or 2 when I reached there and....

Fuck..!!

Running into Alya..

Why the fuck she effects me so much.?

'Coz I let her' my subconscious answered.

As usual I went to the bar at the Party and drank.. Drank until I couldn't remember anything..!! I couldn't even stand properly. Calling a driver and reaching HOME..!!

Yes...!!

Finally the riddle is solved. That's how I got here. But... I don't know why I feel like something is missing. Something, unn..

Think Manik..!! Think..!!

What the hell am I miss-- Oh shit..!!

My eyes widened suddenly as realization dawned upon me..!!

"Nandini" I whispered these words and jumped out of bed..!!

Hell hell helll...!! I don't remember bringing her back.. May be the driver did..!!

"Albert..!! Albert...!!" I yelled as I descended the stairs hastily running outside. Albert was washing the Car and was startled to see me.

"Y-y-ye-s s-s-s-i-r"

"Where is Nandini?" His expressions were blank.

"I-I don't kn-ow sir" He replied shaking in fear.

"U picked me last night? Hai na?" I pointed at him and he nodded immediately..

"Didn't u pick Nandini?" I hissed at him. He gulped and licked his lips.

"S-sir.. Hume nahi pata tha Nandini bhi wahan hai.. Hume bas aap hi dikhe.." He stuttered this reply too cowering away from me..!!

"What the fuck do you mean Nandini wahan Nahi thi.. Did u even check?" This time he had no answer. Hellll I'm ready to explode.

"YOU'RE FIRED..!!" I stated and ran inside to ask other servants..!!

"Maya, Raju, Jason I want all the servants in the hallway in 5 minutes." I barked orders moving towards my room to change. I was wearing a trouser only so I hastily put a t-shirt on, grabbed my violet, credit cards and car keys before rushing downstairs.

As per order all my servants were standing in row with worried expression and bowing their head.

"Did Nandini come back last night?" I glanced at watchman Kaka who shook slowly. He looked worried not for himself but for the person he brought here Nandini..!!