Chapter 14

-Author's Note-

Hey! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. School has taken up a lot of my time lately and I haven't been feeling inspired. But here you are anyway! XD

It's been 3 years since Loki was frozen. You've been doing quite well as queen of Jotunheim. You've managed to bring the frozen realm together with Asgard, forming a peace treaty. Odin was quite happy about it but Thor... Thor never liked it. He's still mad at you about what you did in Asgard. You walk through the empty hallways, barefoot. The cold didn't really bother you anymore. It's rather depressing being the queen of Jotunheim. No-one smiles. There is never really any light. There's been a rumour going around that some of the frost giants are getting restless. They have nothing to do because of the peace treaty. You reach a set of wooden double doors. They swing open and you step into the room. It is packed with snow but a hallway has been dug out. At the end of the tunnel, Loki stands. Frozen in ice. You visit him every day. You read to him. Knowing how much he loves books.

"Good evening Loki" You sigh, sitting down against the snow wall and pulling out a book. It was the 'Tales Of Asgard' book that you took from his room back in Asgard. You open to the page where you stopped last time.  "Here we go. So, thousands of years ago, Odin entered the throne room to discover something terrible..."

-Two Hours Later-

"Your highness! We need you in the throne room!" A frost giant shouts. You jump awake.

"What is it? What's the matter?" You gasp, stand up.

"Come with me." He says and quickly walks away. You run after him, leaving the book on the floor. In your sudden panic, you hadn't noticed the puddle forming next to the block of ice that Loki was trapped in. It was melting. The frost giant leads you into the throne room where you slump down on your throne and adjust your tiara.

"Why did you bring me here?" You ask the three frost giants stand before you.

"The other frost giants. They are getting restless. Saying you are a weak ruler." One of them says.

"They have nothing to do. Fights are breaking out" Another frost giant growls.

"What do they want me to do about that?" You ask, throwing a rock into the air and catching it again.

"Your highness..." The largest one grumbles. "They want a war"

"With who!" You demand.

"The fire giants" Your eyes widen.

"Muspelheim" You whisper. "I've heard of the hatred between the two realms. But surely... I'll think about it. Leave me" And with that, the three frost giants leave you alone in the throne room. "A war with the fire giants..." You sigh, rubbing your temples. A wave of anger washes over you. "They think I'm weak... I'm not a delicate queen, I'm an assassin! What happened to me?" Rage bubbles in throughout your body. "Servant!" You scream. The largest frost giant rushes in.

"Yes, your highness" A devilish smirk is spread across his lips, he must know what's happening.

"Declare war on Muspelheim!"