Chapter 11: Shadow Bunny

Some of their eyes widened in surprise, while others' brows furrowed in confusion. The Guardians were very well dependent on the one with the actual magic powers.

"Why?" Ilda asked

"The book says I have to stay, and that this is their journey to take, not mine"

Indeed, that afternoon, Morgaine was greeted with a new message from the book. One of them was that she had to stay. One, to allow the guardians to have this life changing journey on their own and two, to protect the north when Caine decides to show his head. That part she was instructed to leave out and not tell the Guardians specifically.

"Are you sure that's what the book said?" Jacquelyn asked

"I'm sure" she nodded

"How are we supposed to destroy shadow monsters without your magic?" Jacquelyn asked

"This" she answered, pulling the sack she was dragging forward, "The book told me to create these for you"

She opened the sack and pulled out a sword, and then another. Both of their shiny blades were tightly hidden in the black sheaths. They both had intricately designed handles, one of them had a bird on the pommel of its hilt, while the other had a tiger.

"This is for you two," she said stepping forward and handing them over to Henry and Philip.

She dug her hand into the sack again and pulled out an ax. She handed that to Ryia, who was quite handy with the weapon, thanks to her father and brothers.

Morgaine's hand went back into the bag, and this time she pulled out a bow and some arrows. She handed it to Jacquelyn. The blonde took it with a wide grin. Her grandfather had been giving her shooting lessons, and she was amazing. But she wasn't allowed to do it outside the arena where she was taught, or her back yard where she practiced. Now she had a chance to use it how she pleased and she couldn't wait.

Morgaine's hand went back into the sack for the last time and everyone waited patiently to see what weapon Alianor would get. She had no idea what it would be, she had no experience with weapons like the others and she wasn't very athletic. When Morgaine's hand came out, a book was in it. Everyone looked at it confused.

"A book?" Henry was the first to ask

The book had some black leather covering on it. There were no words or pictures indicating what book it was.

"Yes," Morgaine answered "I didn't have to make this, though. The book told me about it and where to find it, and said that Alianor should be the one to have it"

Her book had shown her a picture of the other book and told her where in Merek's old room it was hidden. She wondered what the nameless black book was, but her book told her she shouldn't open it and just give it to the new water guardian.

"Only Alianor should have this. The book says she'll know what to do with it"

Alianor's eyes widened "It said that?"

Morgaine nodded.

"Are you sure it's right?" Henry asked

"Has the book been wrong so far?" The young Sun Queen questioned

Alianor took the book from her.

"The map to the table is in the book," she told her

Morgaine stepped back and looked at the five. This was a team, her team, and she had to do her part to help them succeed.

"I'm sorry that I can't come with you, but I believe that you can do this without me, you grandparents do too" at that, the former guardians nodded "Like the book said, this is your journey, your quest. It will help you to become great guardians...if you do things right. Trust in yourselves, and each other"