Chapter 29

I dragged my boxes out one by one and put them together in front of the gate so I could stop a cab. I don't know where I'm going but I can't stay here any longer, I need to go far away. I flagged down a cab I saw driving towards me and I put what I could into the car while he helped me with the rest.

'Madam where we dey go' he asked with his strong igbo accent. I didn't know where I was going. Where should I go...

'Uh-umm please do you know anywhere I can rent a self contain and the price is affordable?' I asked expecting a positive  reply

He analysed me from head to toe even though I was sitting and looked back at the house. 'You commot from this kin house and you wan go rent self contain, mtscheww rich people una too get selfish heart' I wasn't moved one inch by his words so I just leaned back on the seat and watched the road as he drove off.

'We don reach, make I go call the man wey go give you room' he said as he left the car. I used that opportunity to scan the area. It was a ghetto area with lots of worn out houses with roofs that were almost falling off. Some of the buildings here may have been built in the early 2000's due to the state they're in now.

'Madam see am o' the driver said as he brought me out of my thoughts. 'Na him own this whole houses for this corner so you go fit choose the one wey you want'.

'Good evening oga' i said to the hefty man before me. He obviously weighed more than 170kg. He has a shiny round head that has not even a strand of hair, i bet it'll be very painful if someone slaps him on his head. That kind of pain you feel in your throat and you just can't let it out. His head was actually quite small compared to his body.

'How you De?  Domiscus talk sey you want room, you resemble person we get money so we go fit rub hand' he said as he examined me. His voice was so deep, I cringed a little when he first spoke.

'Yes, I want a self contain, are there any vacancies?' I realised I wasn't in abuja town so I changed my speech. 'You get space we I go fit crash and the money no plenty' I asked and his eyes lit up quickly. I'm sure he didn't think I could adapt so quickly.

I was showed to a room down an alley, it was quite big considering what I wanted but the area was too secluded. Zahra no one cares if you exist or not. I remembered that and I didn't think twice before taking the room.

The room was almost a serviced apartment, where in Nigeria can you find a serviced apartment?  It had a little bed in the corner and an old rusty stove and one chair which must have been from a dinning set. The room must not have been used in a long time considering the amount of cobwebs that are housed in every corner. I decided  to get to work since it was getting late.

I laid on my right side and said my sleeping dua, shortly after that I started to slowly drift into slumber.
I think I have rats in my room because I heard some sounds but since I'm not afraid of them I didn't move.

I couldn't breath, my head was covered and my eyes were closed. I felt something being tied around me and strong hands dragging me, what was happening?  Was I being kidnapped? 

*Jamal's POV

*phone rings*

Oooo...who could be calling at this hour of the night?? I lazily reached out for my phone and looked at the screen, it was an unknown number, again. This was about the tenth time an unknown number called me today, I stopped picking unknown numbers since spiff told me to so my personal data won't be tapped. I put down the phone but something told me to just pick up the call for a few seconds.

'We dey call you and you dey form for us abi. Na only God save you if not you for see your woman head without her body on top your bed tomorrow morning' what is this one saying now,  probably some drunkard. I hung up and put off my phone to avoid future disturbance.

I was awoken by binta's scream, I said my morning azkhar and hurried downstairs. There was blood everywhere, and a human hand, it was a woman's hand which had a blood stained note tied to it. I bent to pick the note while trying to avoid stepping on the blood. The note read;

how you see this hand Na?  If you want I fit add plus head, but if you no want pay me fifty million...We go fit bargain sha.  NO FORGET SEY YOUR WOMAN DEY MY HAND.

Which woman is he now talking about? I know only two women that can have a hand like this but I'm not sure who's it is, just then one of them walked in. Oh my God... I ran upstairs as fast as I could to get my phone. I quickly dialled her number but it wasn't reachable. I didn't want it to be her, but what if it was her, what will I do??