Path of Illusions

Marinette POV

After what seemed like hours of hacking at the pole Nathanaël cut it in half. I slowly slipped my hands off it and nothing happened. It worked! Wow. I stepped over my tied hands so they were now in the front of me.

Marinette: You're a genius Nathanaël! Now, any ideas on how to stop the inevitable?

Nathanaël: Well... No. (He paused and thought for a moment) But I may know someone who might, well three someone's actually. They're witches so we may not be able to trust them, but it's our best shot.

Marinette: Ok, then let's do its. Where can we find them?

Nathanaël: Rumor has them located in the enchanted forest by the ladybug castle

Marinette: Ladybug castle?

Nathanaël: Yeah, King Bourgeois and his daughter live there.

Marinette: Wait! Chloé?

Nathanaël: Yes, some people call the princess Chloé but most just call her ladybug. We are hoping she will ease the iron fist from her father's rein when she marries and takes over

Marinette: (cough) good luck with that one (mumbles)

Nathanaël: What did you say?

Marinette: Oh... nothing

We started down the one long corridor not knowing where it lead because both of us had been poofed in, but it was after all the only option. It went on a long ways until it finally opened up into an empty entrance room with a door leading outside. Judging by the sun and the sugarstop hills Nathanaël figured out our position and said that we needed to head north to get to the enchanted forest. It was going to be a long journey so we started off quickly. We passed many meadows and bubbling streams, but I couldn't even enjoy the scenery because all that was going through my mind was ridding myself of this 'curse', getting my miraculous back, and finding Chat Noir, who would probably be heading towards that castle if he was looking for me. I also hoped that he knew how to get out of this crazy story, hmmm, where was the storyteller anyways? And why did he let me escape so easy. What's his strategy behind all this? He already has my Miraculous! Maybe he left the story or maybe he was watching from afar. Either way we would find him eventually and devilize his akuma. My thoughts were interrupted by Nathanaël.

Nathanaël: The enchanted forest is not an easy place to enter; most ways have monsters and guardians. This is the best way in; it's called the path of illusions. You need to stay on the path at all times no matter what you see, everything is an illusion.

Marinette: Ok I can do that

Nathanaël held out his hand and I took it. The path was well worn with fog around the edges and in the surrounding trees. We started down the path, so far so good, I didn't understand what Nathanaël was talking about, it was easy to stay on the path. Then off to the side I saw Alya

Alya: Marinette! Help!

She was on the forest floor with her leg at a weird angle, I assumed it was broken. Then I saw a wolf slowly making his way towards her.

Marinette: Alya! Hold on I'm coming!

I start to go off the path when Nathanaël yanked me back. I tried to break his grip, but he fought to keep me from getting to her.

Nathanaël: It's and illusion, she's not really there!

Marinette: No she's in trouble, I have to...

Nathanaël: Look at her! She doesn't even look like she's from here!

I stopped struggling, realizing what he was saying. Alya was dressed like she normally did instead of in a medieval get up like everyone else here. She really was an illusion. I looked to Nathanaël then back and she was gone. Man, this is harder than I thought. It's almost as bad as Volpina. Hmmm.