Chapter 2

(A/N): Yes, I've finally decided to update. I'm really glad you guys are into it! I didn't think this story would be interesting enough tbh. Anyways, enjoy!

~~~~

"Come with me," I told Yukine, the inexperienced regalia. I reached out for his small hand.

"Wait, really..?" he asked with uncertainty. I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. It was just as bad to ignore a regalia even if it wasn't yours in my opinion. Once I find his god 'Yato' I can move and search for Hiroki. He must be so worried about me. I didn't listen to his concern.

Yukine must have realized how concerned I must have been. "(Y/n), are you alright?"

"I'm fine, let's just go..." I replied and took him by the hand.

~~~~

The streets of the city were filled with darkness. The only way I could navigate through the night was to take notice of the few dim street lights that appeared once and a while. We would be in grave danger if a phantom appeared. Yukine didn't say much; I knew that he was terrified. Who wouldn't be in a time like this? To think that Yato abandoned him...

"Who exactly is Yato?" I asked Yukine while we walked past dark alleyways. 

"I don't really know... he's a god who isn't very popular," Yukine responded with irritation. 

"No wonder I haven't heard of him."

"What about you, (Y/n)? You're the goddess of winter right? What exactly do you do?" he inquired. 

I sighed. I did not want to give away anymore information to Yukine; I didn't exactly trust him completely. He could be corrupted if I'm not careful. 

"I just-- can control the season. It's very straightforward," I bluntly answered. 

"I don't see how that can be very useful," he mumbled to himself. I decided to ignore it-- I just wanted to get the important issue resolved. 

I was becoming more worried as time passed when we still never found Yato or Hiroki. I imagined that they were just as vulnerable as we were at the moment. Before we decided to loose hope, I heard a masculine tone echo throughout the peaceful city. I over heard him talking to another individual; they seemed to be arguing.

"I told you... I've never come across Yume at all today," He retorted. "All I'm trying to do is find my regalia." 

His regalia? It must have been one of the gods... and why did he mention my name?

"How do I know you're telling the truth..?" the other voice answered. I immediately recognized the voice. It was Hiroki's voice! I grabbed Yukine's hand tighter and led him towards that direction. The voices were becoming more audible.  

"I've never heard of her nor seen her alright? You know... it is dangerous to be wandering alone without your master..." the unidentified voice said monotonically.

"That's why I'm trying to find her!" Hiroki seethed, clearly annoyed. 

When Yukine and I finally arrived to where they were, I saw Hiroki pinned against the wall with a raven haired individual holding him in place. My golden eyes widened... I didn't understand what was going on.

"Is that Yato..?" Yukine questioned with worry. 

"What?!" I exclaimed. 

As I took a closer look, Yato had striking deep blue eyes, like sapphires looking directly at Hiroki. Yato was wearing some sort of jersey with a light-green tattered scarf. He clearly was overpowering Hiroki with his stare. I thought he was going to kill him.