The Midnight Talk

I own nothing in "Harry Potter". If I did, I would not be here, but I would be making out with Draco Malfoy. All I own is my characters and the main plot of the story.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Emily's P.O.V.

   June 15th

Chapter 1

     I was asleep in my bedroom when I heard a knock on my door. Shooting up, I looked at the alarm clock on my nightstand. It read 12:36 am in bright green. The light of it stung my newly awoken eyes. I squinted and almost groaned at it. 

     Remebering that someone was at the door, I asked "Who is it?", even though I already knew.           

     "It's me, Emily", whispered my older (by only one year) sister Hermione. 

     "What in God's name are you doing up at this time? I don't know if you remember this Hermione, but 'Muggles' like to sleep." I knew I had no right to be mean to her, but I was tired. I was studying all night last night for the next school year. Remebering that, I put my face back in my pillow.

     I know what you're saying. What a nerd, right? Well, no. You have to meet Hermione to meet a real nerd. She locks herself up in that room of hers studying magical things. She told me about some of them, such as Charms, Defense Against The Dark Arts, or more commonly known as DADA, Potions, and Transfiguration. At first, the class that sounded most appealing was DADA. Then, Hermione told me about the weird teacher that had some dark wizard, known as Voldemort, attached to the back of his head. This made me rethink my choice. 

     Back to the current situation, Hermione asked through the door "I know. I thought I was one for 11 years! Can I please come in? I need to talk to you."

     I groaned through the softness of the heaven-like object. She must have heard it because the next thing I knew, she sat down on my bed. 

     "Emily, you look just like Ron right now." She laughed, but I was completely lost. Sitting up, I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. She never talked about her friends. Not that she really had any here. She was labeled a nerdy freak, and being siblings with her made me one too. Not that it bothers me. I was a loner from birth. 

     She must have realized that she had given me too much information in her 'new' no muggles life, because she cleared her throat and went back to her business-like demeanor. 

     "I just wanted to let you know that we will be going to Diagon Alley tomorrow afternoon. We will be going twice this summer." She looked like she was explaining something to a two year old. I grimaced at her.

     "Why are we going twice? Why not just go once and get it all over with? And what do you mean 'we'...?" Hermione, mom, and dad went without me last year. I was left with a nanny. 

      I shivered at the memory of Madam Geniveve Ezra Abernathy. She was the physical kind of nanny. If you disobeyed her, depending on the severity of the action, she usually gave you a slap. My parents, nor Hermione ever knew, not like they paid that much attention to me anyways. 

      "Well, we are going twice because I want to pick up things at separate times. Materials, such as quills, cauldrons, and parchment will be first. Then, at the later trip, I will pick up robes, ink, and books. You will be going with mother, father, and I for the first trip." 

      "What about the second one?" I asked, still slightly confused. 

     "For your information, I will be meeting with my friends there, so you will not be going then." Replied Hermione, sounding very snotty.

      I laughed bitterly, and snapped, "Like I wanted to go anyways. Now, if you don't mind, will you please leave 'Oh Great Magical Hermione'? The 'normal girl' has to sleep." 

     Her face softened, and a frown etched it's way onto it.

     "I'm sorry, Emily. You can come of you want to. Ron and Harry would love to meet you. Ron even has a sister your age. Her name is Ginny. From what I've heard, you two sound like you would get along great." 

   I could tell she really felt bad. Her and my parents had been neglecting me lately. Ever since she came home from Magic School it was"Hermione, how was your first year?" or "Hermione, that was so brave!". My absolute favorite was "Wow, Hermione, nothing could ever make us prouder!" Yes, my own parents said this, right infront of me.

      I thought about this, really considering it. Did I want to be the only non-magical person in front of so many amazing people? No, I didn't, but the look on Hermione's face told me she wasn't taking no for an answer.

     "I guess." I replied, even though I really did not want to feel inferior to anyone. I already have enough of that with Hermione.

     "Good. We will be leaving for the Leaky Cauldron in Leadenhall Market tomorrow at 9:00 o'clock. Be up by 8:00." She said giving me a look that told me she would leave me if I wasn't up by then. So much for nice Hermione. I nodded and shooed her out. 

     Laying my head back down, I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if I was magical. 

     With that thought, I fell asleep, dreaming of magic wands and earwax flavored jelly beans.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Okay, so I hoped you liked my story! It's my third one on Wattpad! I would really appreciate it if you checked out my other two!

Anyways, if y'all can give me any advice on ways to better my writing, then please tell me! I have no Beta, but I am still looking!

Again, please vote and comment on my stories. Thank y'all!

Emily