Chapter 8

"Listen Harry you can't do that again." Louis says as we return back to our home. I take off my shoes and put up my coat on the rack as I watch him do the same.

"Yeah I know. It's just you know how I deal with hate,"

"You can't." He finishes.

"Exactly. That was the best I could come up with." I shrug as he laughs.

"It's fine just don't do it again." Suddenly the phone rings and Lou goes and gets it.

Those people were monsters. How could they even begin to say that to someone?

Louis comes back into the living room with the phone pressed tightly to his ear. His hand slides to the back of his neck as he nods to whatever the person is saying. "Who is it?" I mouth but he shakes his head.

I watch his eyes change from the bright blue to a darker shade. They begin to water as I stand up. I walk over to him with my arms open, ready to give him a hug. "No." He snaps as I back away.

"Alright okay. Bye." He says as he hangs up the phone and throws it on the ground. "Goddamnit!" He screams.

"What the hell? Who was it?"

"Harry please just leave me alone!" He says as I take a step away.

"What's wrong? What'd they say?"

"I said leave me the fuck alone!" He screams as I turn to walk up the stairs.

Somehow everything gets good again and then it just turns into nothing. I'm sick of being treated like this again. I wanted it to be good. We're together now for Christ sake!

I slam my bedroom door shut as I pace back and forth. Now what am I supposed to do.

(Lou's P.O.V)

"I said leave my the fuck alone!" I screamed as Harry turned and went up the stairs.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath.

Management. It was management on the phone.

-

(On the phone)

"Louis how dare you break the contract? You are NOT allowed to date him! If you do not stop this now we will be forced to make you two mover away from each other for good. You won't even be able to make eye contact with each other, let alone live together." They said.

"How is this even fair?" I asked.

"It can't happen. It ruins the band publicity wise. Besides, you both will get horrible hate and you know how Harry deals with that.."

"Don't say a fucking thing about Harry." I snapped.

"We're very sorry but this needs to end. We'll give you until tomorrow."

"Alright okay. Bye." I ended it with anger.

-

I don't want it to end. Not now, not ever. We have such a good chance! We're literally chasing our biggest dreams being together. They're not giving up rights. We should have our own fucking choices.

They don't control me. I'm staying with Harry and I am not leaving him.

I get up off the ground and head to Harry's room. I attempt to open the door but of course it's locked.

"Harry I have something important to tell you."

"Not in the damn mood." He says through the door.

I remembered the key I had in my bedroom and ran to get it. I need to tell him about the contract. I need to tell him that we'll have to break it and that I'm perfectly okay with it.

As I twist the key in the door it swung open easily as I saw Harry on his knees holding his bloody hands. His eyes shoot up to reach mine as I can see the hot tears crashing down his face.

"Harry.." I gasp as I run over to him.

(Harry's P.O.V)

"Harry.." Lou's face was ghost white. His eyes were wide open and his jaw was dropped. I didn't like to see me hurting him.

"What did you do to yourself?" He panics while crouching over to my side.

"I- uhm I punched the wall." He mumbles as I sigh.

"No no no why would you do that?"

"Because I'm just a big old fuck up in this world! Every single bad thing that happens to us is my fault. I ruin it all. We should be perfect right now I mean, we're together right? But no obviously I had to ruin it yet again before we could just fix ourselves." I yell as I grab my hand tighter. It hurts like hell. Louis doesn't know what to say. I can always tell by the way he stumbles.

"There is a contract.." He mumbles.

"What?"

"There's a contract. Money. My signature."

"Shit... You're kidding me right?" I ask harshly. I didn't mean for it to sound so mean but I hoped he didn't mean what he said.

"Harry, Harry please listen to me. Don't yell. Don't interrupt. I need to tell you." He begs.

I nod as he looks away to tell his story.

"They told me to stay away. They told me to be a mean asshole. You probably noticed and I'm sorry. They told me to hurt you. They told me it's okay if you cry, it's okay if you hurt yourself because of what I would do. I know now that it was wrong. Damn it was so so wrong. But the deal was as long as I followed the rules we could stay together. Living together you know. I've always loved you, so of course I didn't want you to go. But that day it all stopped, it was the day that I finally realized it. I was beating you up, but I was also killing myself. I hated every single second of hurting you. It felt like a stab in the throat every single time. I wanted it to end, so I did. But you know how fast management catches on. They were on the phone. They told me to stop or else we'd be forced to leave each other. For good. I don't want to follow it Harry. I'm so sorry for not telling you." He cries as I'm speechless.

What am I supposed to say to that. All of it, the years of torture were just part of a damn contract? I think what hurts most is that he actually went along with it. Who deserves that?

"I just have one question...why?"

"I- I don't know. It was horrible all of it." He pleads as I try to wipe the tears off my face.

My knuckles won't stop bleeding as I nod. "Yeah did it ever occur to you that I felt like total shit? I almost killed myself! Yeah! I wanted you so bad. Every single day was just..god I can even describe it. There wasn't a day that went by without me ending up crying."

"It would make sense if you don't want to be together anymore. I honestly feel so.. I don't know. I feel like a monster. I feel terrible. If someone were to do that to me I don't know what I would do. I'm so so sorry."

"No no you're staying. I love you. I love you so much that no matter how much you screw up I forgive you." I say as I smile. His white teeth shine magnificent ear to ear at my words.

"I love you as well. Anything you need, I'll be there. Forever." He says.

"Please help me with my hands.." I say as Lou helps me up and guides me to the bathroom.

He turns on the water as his soft hands rub across my knuckles softly washing off all the blood. He wraps the remaining scratches and cuts with bandage as he looks up at me.

"All better?"

"Just one more thing.." I hesitate.

"Same here. I forgot to do something."

"What is it?" I ask smirking at Louis.

Then he leans in, and we finally kiss. I had been craving for this moment for so long. This is exactly what I had imagined and dreamed of.