Book 1: Chapter 9- Absents Makes The Heart Go Ponder

Chapter 9- Absents Makes The Heart Go Ponder.

Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw. Not surprisingly Ron and Hermione were there. They were at the Ravenclaw stands when Cho Chang sneered "bet you're here to cheer on the Potter boy. The guys bad news. Besides slytherin's always winning the cup unfairly and he's no exception. He maybe played for Gryffindor but he's still a bad person otherwise he wouldn't have gotten Slytherin." Ron spoke "you guys are Ravenclaw shouldn't you of all houses know how to discern people??." "Well sorry if the truth stabs" she said smugly looking up, Hermione glared at her as she talked to her friend Marietta EdgeComb and she swore she hated her then on. Harry soon got on the pitch and Ron and Hermione cheered for him, something all the Ravenclaws sneered at. Harry caught it in record time and the game ended at once "you see Ms Chang that our friend plays fair and wins fair." Hermione said smugly. Cho scoffed "well all the Slytherin beaters and chasers aren't." "That's an exception because even if they didn't play Harry would've got the snitch and win the game fair n square." Ron said through a mouthful of chocolate frog "whatever come on Mar." Cho said proudly holding Marietta's hand and leading her away with a smirk Ron made the perfect insult shouting "HOLDING HANDS!!!!. MARIETTA AND CHO CHANG SITTING ON A TREE K- I - S- S- I- N- G!!!!!!!!.." "SHUT UP!!!!." Cho screamed turning fire truck red when everyone in Ravenclaw laughed, then she went off crying and bawling and Marietta yelling "hey wait up!!!." Ron then saw Hermione laughing so hard and he smirked, he actually liked hearing her laugh'....oh no can I have a crush....but Hermione likes Harry...obviously Harry doesn't like Hermione romantically, their best friends....oh well, I have more of a chance with Hermione that Hermione has with harry...no, no I'm sure I don't have a crush, she's a bloody stuck up prat.' Ron thought smirking, as much as he didn't wanna ruin their friendship should the crush be true he was thinking in horror about handing flowers to someone who enjoys rubbing it in his face he's dumb and restricting him from joining the twins in pranking.

Later on, after hours of looking for Flamel and failing, Harry found himself alone. He was happy to win the game, but he still thought that the other Slytherin players in general didn't deserve the Quidditch cup. While alone he took time to think, recalling how he saw Hermione cheering. He smiled. It gave a light feeling he never knew. But there was something in her eyes...something by the way she opened her mouth to shout...something so familiar......"oh Harry there you are!!. Come on professor Flitwick's waiting." Hermione said suddenly grabbing him by the shoulder "ok." He said sighing as they walked along, he hated thinking. When he thinks over an unanswerable question he ends up with even more questions to answer.

The next week it was Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff. All of Slytherin was still avoiding him but Harry didn't mind. In fact due to the seriousness of the situation- every minute possible Harry would get hexed and Vega and Draco would make all evidence of him being hexed disappear before a professor can see it- Harry received special written permission from Mcgonagal herself to be able to stay under her house for a while until they counsel the whole of Slytherin and until tension cools, which hopefully will happen after Christmas break. Harry was thrilled and wanted to relay the news as soon as the match ends "Snape has awarded Hufflepuff a penalty." Lee said and everyone at the Gryffindor booed Snape he did it because George hit him with a bludger in anger for his biasedness. The game went on and just as referee Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty after Angelina Jonson accidentally hit a Hufflepuff chaser with the quaffle- though she said sorry right away and was immediately forgiven- Harry said "Draco why're you here?. And Vega??."

"Were on last name bases now Potter." Vega spat and Hermione and Ron looked "whoa, must admit the Holm Weasley guy's got moves....wonder how he got trained though, must be from a discount teacher...." Vega said with a smirk and Ron clutched the stands "and not only that coz, look at the other members of the Weasley triplets. Ah wonder where they get the nerve to show up in those old Cleansweeps....say Potter, why didn't you lend him your nimbus??. Besides if Mcgonagal gave you a nimbus, I don't see why she can't give the Weasley one-" "watch your mouth, Malfoy, Lestrange." Ron said through gritted teeth, Hermione whispered seeing his face going red with anger "Ron...." "What??. Can't face the truth eh, Weasley?. Come on, Veg. We shouldn't waste our time with filthy, cowardly, ragged, skint Blood Traitors." Malfoy smirkingly spat, turning around. "Oh you asked for it!!." Ron yelled turning around and swinging a punch, but Vega quickly pushed Harry with a yelp. It happened so fast as Hermione screamed and slapped Ron's nape as his fist collided with Harry's nose, making him clutch it. "Come on, Drake." They were about to walk off when Harry hit Draco's back, making Vega scream as Draco lost balance and toppled down the stairway. Vega turned around to glare just in time to see Hermione's hand fly and slap her face. Vega yelled "you'll pay for that Granger, Potter!!!!." Before running away and grabbing a limping Draco away. "Jerks deserved it. And oh gosh Harry, are you ok??." Hermione said putting an arm around his waist. Harry felt blood from his nose but didn't mind "yeah I guess, nice swing back there Ron." Ron just grinned, he was grinning half because of the comment and half because he realised he didn't cringe at his best friend and 'the insufferable know it all' being at a close perimeter "hope he doesn't tell a professor what happened though." "Well knowing Malfoy, Ron, he'd be too scared to try. And Veg- Lestrange....well, let's just say she wouldn't want her dear old cousin hurt even more." Harry replied smirking. They heard sudden cheers and looked just in time to see Holm holding up the snitch "GRYFFINDOR WINS!!!!!."  Lee Jordan said happily.

So time went by, and Vega and Draco said nothing about the topic, and upon hearing the news of Harry in Gryffindor Ron and Hermione cheered. The whole of Gryffindor welcomed him happily. Days past, snow filled the ground and the whomping Willow lost it's leaves. Harry had signed up to stay In Hogwarts during break and Ron explained his parents were going to Romania to see his brother Charlie, and so he's staying along with his other siblings but Hermione had to leave "muggle traditions." Hermione said rolling her eyes, to be honest Harry was sad she had to go, but just the same supported her and assured her they'd write daily "promise that ok??. I'll try my best to find out more about Flamel." "We will Hermione don't worry." Harry said with a smile patting her back. She smiled weakly and dragged her load out to the express. "Well mate, glad we can spend the break without her nagging us to do our homework." Ron smirked "I've already done mine, since I expected she'd nag how we're such procrastinators." Harry said Ron rolled his eyes "your no fun. Procrastinating is great!!." Harry shrugged and followed him off sparing one last glance at the Hogwarts express and Hermione, who waved back frantically.

That day Ron played exploding snap with Fred and George and Holm who laughed wildly. Harry mean while had took the liberty to walk with Hedwig by the black lake. It was quiet peaceful, everything he didn't expect. With a sigh he watched as the lake froze and plopped on the snow. Suddenly he remembered Hermione...all he can think of was her...it was as if he was being assaulted with memories of her and he realised this. Something about Hermione always seemed familiar, that explains why he felt at ease with her. He thought things ever, remembering the way Hermione genuinely cared for him and Ron. He remembered and had rage at the vision of Pansy heading Hermione, and all of a suddenly he felt extremely strong hate for Pansy and Vega at that moment. He felt protectiveness for someone who wasn't there, and much as he tried to brush it off he ended up crushing the snow with his palms while thinking of Hermione again. There was uneasiness settling in his chest and he leaned back as Hedwig squealed "Hedwig you don't have to rub it in, yes I am thinking of something." The owl pecked his shoes lightly and nodding at the castle while Harry sighed "yes we're going back. If your cold to ahead first and ask Ron to watch over you." Hedwig gave a sad screech and rested on his lap. He laughed "can I say no to you??. Aw come here Wig, let's go back." Later on they were starting back to the castle. Little did he know Hermione was in deep thought back at her home, trying to forget him but memories of him assaulted her 'it's not even a day and I miss Harry, great.' Hermione thought looking out the window.

The next day Harry let Ron teach him wizards chess, which Ron was amazing at. Around five games later Harry won just once and even that made Harry a bit proud "no one beats me at wizards chess Harry, I just made it easy for you seeing your new." Ron said mouthful of chocolate cauldrons "hey mates!!. Fred and George has an epic prank!!." Holm called running towards them the other two not far behind "really what." "Well Snape's making some potion in preparation for back to school." "What do you say we mess up the chaps formulas a bit??." George added to Fred's statement making the boys grinned. It's times like this Harry's thankful Hermione wouldn't restrict them. Later on Fred and Ron carefully dropped a weird smelling fragment of a fruit in a small purple liquid, it bubbled but didn't do anything so they high fived and went back. Next Holm George and Harry put out little frog legs that were coloured brown and mixed it in a bag of brown coffee beans or seeds or something, they all chuckled and left the classroom quietly and back to the common room.

As they walked however Harry suddenly felt empty again. He remembered Hermione and wondered how she was, and without a word he ran ahead to the common room "Harry mate wait up!!." Ron yelled running. Harry just grabbed a piece of parchment quill and ink then rushed to the table "mate what's up??." "Just remembered something." He said mysteriously "your no fun, we're supposed to enchant snowballs to hit Quirel's turban today!!." "You go ahead George, I'll follow." "Suit yourself." They all said and walked off. Harry wrote to Hermione:

"Dear Hermione,
Hi!!. How's your Christmas break so far?. The triplets and Ron just finished dragging me to put random ingredients in Snape's potion. He's bound to suspect Fred and George but they'd be glad to take the blame to themselves. Holm Ron and I are absolutely safe. Now they're all going to enchant snowballs to hit Quirel's turban!!. Can't miss it. I delayed joining them with the snowball gag to write this. I hope your doing well and reply soon. Happy Christmas!!.

Sincerely, Harry."

Harry smiled and put it in a neat brown envelope. He motioned Hedwig over and tied it to her claws while saying "make sure Hermione gets this and if possible please wait for her reply k??. But if you can't wait it's fine, I've got a treat for you though if you come back with a reply." Hedwig squawked as Harry rubbed her neck and she flew out the window, Harry sighed with a smile. He felt like Hermione was his sister, and he had a feeling Hermione felt the same. Could he be right??....