LXXXIX.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but can you really call dibs on someone?

Think about it. That person may not like anyone, you don't know that because you don't ask, and if someone else liked that person you call dibs so they back off. Does this sound sensible?

Not to me. It sounds ridiculous. What if the two people liked each other and you didn't let them be together because you called dibs? What if the two people wanted to spend time together, but can't because you called dibs?What if it made them happy and they couldn't be happy because you called dibs?

Yes, I understand that we both like the same person. Yes, I understand that you have liked him longer than me. Yes, I understand that you called dibs.

I can't control who I like with these feelings; if anything I'm letting my feelings take control because for the first time in a long time I have a crush on someone who might just be worth it. I'm sorry that you've liked him for months, but haven't done anything due to the fact that you're shy, but come on now. It's been months. You know I hate the word dibs and how it holds a useless meaning in my opinion, but you still use it as a way to make me feel guilty for having feelings.