The After School Flashback / Chapter 2

After school Alicia came straight home scared for what her Mother had planned for, "Mother and Daughter time."

After being dropped off by the bus, she walked up the driveway to the house, looking for her Mothers car. But it wasn't there, so she just assumed her Mother would pull up soon.

She walked up to the huge white door of her fairly large house. She slipped her tiny key into the small golden painted doorknob. She went over to the answering machine, where she saw the little red light blinking. She pushed the little turquoise button to pay the message.

She listened closely as she heard her Mothers voice come out the small speaker.

(Mary) MOM: " I apparently have to work late tonight. I'm so sorry sweetie. I really tried to get off work early. I will be home when you get on the bus tomorrow morning. I will try not to wake you when I get in the house. I love you little Alici."

After listening to the message Alicia was happy that she didn't have to go anywhere. Now she could resume to her normal after school routine, which consisted of sitting up in her room relaxing and listening to Hollywood Undead.

In some sense she didn't like to have "Mother and Daughter time", because her mother has changed since the divorce. Three years ago when Alicia was 16.

It didn't bother her that much because her father was never around anyway. But her Mother was always there. The divorce never really affected Mary, but three weeks after the divorce, Alicia could see it starting to affect her Mother. Alicia watched slowly as her mother was consumed by the deep dark hole that is depression.

Her Mother suddenly perked up one day. Alicia thought it was just another phase of depression, but it wasn't. She then watched how her mother started to get dressed up a lot. Her Mother never told her what was going on until there was a knock at the door one night. Alicia opened it to find a strange man, who looked like a straight up pedophile.

Alicia immediately shut the door and screamed for her Mother who was running down the stairs frantically thinking that her daughter had broken her arm or something.

She ran up to her daughter with a very worried look in her eyes asking, "What's Wrong?!?!?"

Alicia responded, " MOM THERE IS A PEDO BEAR AT OUR FRONT DOOR!!!!"

Alicia's Mother grabbed a baseball bat which they kept behind the door for such cases like this. As her Mother opened the door she saw, Devin standing there scared out of his mind.

(Mary) MOM: " Alicia that's no pedo bear. That's my boyfriend."

ALICIA: " WHAT?!?!"

DEVIN: " I'm sorry if I scared you Alicia." He said in a raspy and nervous voice.

Alicia was standing there stunned that her Mother who was the only person she trusted in this world , hadn't told her about this huge change that would not be only in her Mothers life but hers too.

DEVIN: " Your mom has told me a lot about you." He said hoping to break the silence between the three of them.

ALICIA: " I bet she has." She said smirking in a way that was so rude that it made her mother speak up to break the tension.

(Mary) MOM: " I am so sorry Alicia. I was going to tell you about Devin but I've been so busy these past few weeks and I was waiting for the right moment."

ALICIA: " Well I guess my heart was the only one not put in consideration." She said stomping off.

*Flash back to reality*