Remember Me

"Hi... Hoseok, right?" Said a voice from behind him. Hoseok turned around to see a familiar boy. Taehyung. His heart fluttered a bit when he saw him.

"H-Hi. I didn't think you'd remember me," Hoseok smiled. The library was mostly empty. There was no one else there except for a blonde haired boy who went by the name of Namjoon. Hoseok only knew him because they were both on the academic team. Though, Hoseok was nowhere near as smart as him. No one was.

"Of course I remember you. I don't have anyone else to think about," Taehyung frowned. "Anyway, I just saw you in here as I was walking by and I wanted to say, uh, hi," he continued, looking down at him.

      "Oh, well it's nice seeing you. You ever gonna come back and order more fries?" Hoseok joked. "I'm planning on it," Taehyung grinned and walked away.

      That one small encounter made the rest of Hoseoks day the best day of his life. He couldn't stop thinking about him. About the boy. About Taehyung. He tried to find him after school, but failed to when he realized his bus left without him. Just my luck, Hoseok thought to himself as he walked home.

      Hoseok didn't have many friends. He was acquaintances with some of the other seniors and friends with a few of his co-workers, but other than that, he had no one else. He's never had anyone stick around long enough to call, "friend."

But he believed that if he became friends with Taehyung, their friendship would last forever. Taehyung didn't seem like the kind of kid to ditch you when something better came along. He seemed more like the glue that held together your broken pieces. Hoseok needed someone like that.

Deep down, Hoseok wanted to be in a relationship with the boy. He wanted to love him rather than have a simple crush on him. He wanted him to love him back. But every time he thought about it, he was constantly reminded about what happened last time he liked a boy. He shuttered at the memory. He couldn't imagine Taehyung ending up like the last boy did. Dead and gone.