Train Home

On the train home, I sat with Karma, Nagisa and Itona. "Guys, can I ask you all for a favor?" They agreed. "Karma, first, can we bump our date until tomorrow at the festival?"

"Yeah, it'll be a lot of fun. We can trick Korosensei into a trap."

"Nagisa, I want to meet our Mother. Is there any chance you'll let me meet her Monday night?"

"Why not tonight?"

"I'm getting to that. Itona, I was wondering if you could take me back to the lab. I need something from a computer there."

"Of course! It'll be just like before!" He laughed, giving me a Naruto thumbs up.

"Great. So, we're all on the same page here?" I asked, and they all nodded. "Good. I need to talk to Korosensei for a minute, but I'll be back soon." I told them, then walked to the other side of the train, where Korosensei was sitting alone. He was dressed in his 'normal person' costume.

"Kaiko, is everything alright?" He asked, letting me sit beside him.

"I'm not sure. I'm changing into something else every ticking moment. When I look at you, I can see your real form and it makes me think, is that going to happen to me? I can feel tentacles inside of me just waiting to come out. My skin changes colours based on my emotions. I keep hearing I'm a success, but what does that mean Korosensei?" I asked him.

"It means, you're stable even through the tests. "

Tears rushed to my eyes. "I just want to be back to a normal person. I don't want to cough up blood and be the world's best assassin. I want my hair to change back to it's original colour and I want parents who don't take their kids away from each other. I don't want a Father who rapes me, I don't want a Mother who forces her son to be unhappy to make her somewhat happy even though it pains her inside and I certainly don't want my brother to be unhappy and have to fight and be in this whole situation. I want to have a life where I lived with my brother my whole life and my best friend didn't have to go through experiments with me that changed us, possibly for the worst."

"Kaiko, I think that even though your past was horrible..." his tentacle moved my chin up, so I could look into his eyes. "... but you will make your present and future great. Make your life the way you want it."

Korosensei disappeared, and all I saw was a man sitting in front of me. His dark eyes sharing wisdom with me and helping me through a tough time. A look a great teacher would give you. His tentacle wrapped around me in a hug as I cried, but I felt an arm hug me. I just burst out in tears, crying so hard that my head hurt and my eyes swelled up. Everyone started looking at me, but I couldn't stop crying no matter how hard I tried.

"W-why can't I-I s-stop?" I sniffled out.

"You've been holding it in for too long Kaiko. Everyone has emotions at some time, even Ms. Jelavic will tell you that. Don't fight your emotions so hard, because this will happen." He told me, wrapping his arm around me tight. It must have looked weird to other people, but all I saw was a man who's been through too much, helping his student cope with everything her parents have done and the people who experimented on, had done to them. I knew my friends and classmates were worried about me, because they had crowded around. I could tell by their body heat.

"Is this some sort of tactic to kill Korosensei?" I heard someone ask another student.

"Of course it is. Kaiko wouldn't cry. She's the best assassin ever."

"Kaiko is really fooling everyone. Maybe she should just kill Korosensei now?"

"I bet she's going to strike any second."

All those voices, and I heard every voice. Everyone was talking now, and all I could do was cover my ears. I didn't want to hear anymore. I just wanted everything to go away. I knew I was insane, but when I was younger, I didn't know that the things I did were things only insane people could do. I never even went to school until junior high.

I opened my eyes after shutting them tight, and for some reason I was five again, in a hospital gown. Korosensei was Grim Reaper, in a suit. He had a knife in his hand, but was protecting me. His hair flopped around as he fought Kotaro. I closed my eyes again as Grim Reaper decapitated the real monster. When I opened my eyes again, I was back in the train with Korosensei back to Korosensei.

My breathing was heavy and I could still see the blood coming from that horrible man who made us like this. "Thank you." I told him, looking into his eyes, turning him back into Grim Reaper.

"What for?"

"For not giving up, on all of us and yourself. For not giving up on anyone good. There are bad people in this world Korosensei, and they need to be stopped. By training us, you're teaching us not just how to kill you, but also life lessons that we'll use everyday. You've taught us how to fight back, something we've all been needing most of our lives. You are the person we've all been needing to teach us that we aren't worthless nothings in a school filled with smart brats. We're going to grow up to become not just assassins, but doctors, lawyers, policemen or women, and anything we want to be, because you were the one person who never gave up on us. I never realized how important that one person was until now." I told him, tears falling down my face. I whispered this last part so nobody could hear. "I became Itona's somebody because you were mine." I said, pulling my knees into my chest.

Tears fell down his face. "That's so sweet of you to say Kaiko, but you kids would have been able to do it on your own, without me. All you need is the right motivation."

"Korosensei, I don't want to kill you. When I first heard about killing you, I was already to slice through you with a single hit with ten back up plans in case one didn't go right. Now that I've gotten to know you, and you've been so kind and nice, I just don't think I can bring myself to do it alone."

"Of course you can't Kaiko, not alone, but you aren't alone. Look around. Everyone of your classmates are doing the same thing. They never had training before, yet they are doing great at trying to assassinate me. You were trained to assassinate people, raised to and modified to. You might have the best chance of assassinating me. Just don't hold back. I promise you, assassinating me is a good thing." He told me, and I sniffled the pain away.

"You're right. Thank you, for being here for me."

"What kind of teacher would I be if I wasn't there for my students?" He laughed, and Grim Reaper was still there, but he had a kind smile on his face instead of a killing look.