Dancer in the Dark (A Norman Reedus fan fic)

Disclaimer - all music/lyrics are owned by the original artist. They are used strictly for entertainment purposes. All recognizable peoples own themselves.

I had to pull double duty today to get ready for the weekend at the hotel. My dad was the General Manager of the Westin Bonavere Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. AMC was hosting a weekend get together for this people that worked on their channel, including several of their shows like Breaking Bad, The Killing, Mad Men, The Walking Dead and a few more.
They had requested entertainment for their big dinner celebration on the first night, so my dad called me up asking if the company I worked for could come in and provide the entertainment. I cleared it with my boss and he put me in charge of providing the entertainment all weekend long if it was needed. Calling my dad back, I told him that that Sean had granted me permission to bring in a 20-person group to perform.
The group and I showed up on Monday to start coming up with ideas for performing. We went into the big convention dining hall to look at the room to come up with an awesome opening number. After looking at the room, Nick came up with a really amazing idea.
“Let’s do the sugar glass ceiling and have you and four other girls up top to do our Clarity number.”
“Are you talking about doing it with the bungee cords and everything?”
“Yes, Kyle,” he said looking at me. “That will make a huge impact and the floor is edible. After that, we can do My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark with the fire sticks. We need to impress these people.”
I ran my hands through my natural auburn-colored hair; “Well…”
“Kyle, Nick is right,” Amber said. “Let’s go for it. And we need to end the show with Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.”
“I need to find out how long they want the entertainment to last. Okay, fine, we’ll do it. I’ll need to let my dad know.”
When I told him we were doing a sugar glass ceiling and we needed sturdy tables for us to dance on, he knew exactly what to do with the room. I told him the show was very interactive. The thought excited him because he wanted to continue with AMC with a contract. I told him we would do our best to do a kick ass show for them.

On Tuesday, we sat down as a group to come up with a set list after I found out they wanted a minimum of an hour entertainment show. Dad even told me that the AMC executives got excited when he told them it was going to be an interactive show. We had decided already to open up with Clarity by Zedd and go into the Fall Out Boy song.
“We need to figure out a good rotation so everyone isn’t dancing every song,” Nick said.
“Yes, because you and I are in Clarity and Light ‘Em Up. How about after Light ‘Em Up, we have Dmitri and Sasha come out and do their ballroom number to On The Floor?”
“Sounds great,” Sasha said.
“And you can do it on the main stage,” I said pointing at the stage, because we were sitting in the middle of the floor.
My dad was having long rectangular tables brought in that were going to be bolted into the floor with the help of two poles going through the table that we could dance on, which is why I about to bring up an awesome routine that Nick and I did together.
“After they finish that, you and I can come out and do Titanium. I would like for you and I to control the table in the middle of the room.”
“We can do that,” Nick said. “And I like the idea of doing Titanium. We haven’t done that in a while.”
“After Titanium, Amber, Drake, Grace and Robert can come out and do Scream and Shout. So far we have Clarity, Light ‘Em Up, On the Floor, Titanium and Scream and Shout.”
“Ooh, you know what would be really pretty,” Sasha said.
“What’s that?”
“You and Aaron did a really beautiful number on a ladder one time before. You can practice on the pole and do that. What was that song?”
“Don’t Let Go Yet by David Roch.”
“Yes, that’s it! You and Aaron, to be as tall as you are, are so beautiful and fluid,” Sasha said.
“Aaron, are you up to trying that on the pole,” I asked.
“Yes. Sounds like fun.”
“Awesome. After that number, everyone can come out except for me and Aaron to do the Water for Elephants routine. After that, we will have a fifteen minute intermission for Sasha can get ready for the two of us to do the Hide and Seek Dubstep ballet routine dressed in our Mad Men dresses. When we get done with that, all the guys can come out and do Look at Me Now for the Breaking Bad tribute dance. The Hell on Wheels dance can be done to My Chick Bad and Lauren, Jason, Billy, Robert, Janette and Parker can freshen up that dance. The Killing tribute dance will be Kill Everybody by Skrillex and those dancing to it are Aaron, Nick, Sasha, Kara, Courtney, Blake, Ryan and Curtis. After that tribute dance, will be the final tribute dance and that will be for The Walking Dead. Those doing this dance will be myself, Jamie, Frank, Dean, Layla, Kara, and Ben. If I did not call your name and you aren’t a part of The Killing tribute dance, you will be getting into zombie make-up to be the zombies in this dance. We will create this dance tomorrow to a new piece of music that I have gotten my hands on. It is a Dubstep remix of the theme music of The Walking Dead.”
“Sweet,” Dean said. “Can I be Daryl?”
“Uh, no.”
“Damn.”
“Layla, we’ve got a pregnancy belly coming for you, because you will be the Lori character in the dance.”
“Awesome, I can’t wait.”
“After that dance, there will be a ten minute break so we can change into our outfits to finish out the night with Radioactive and Take it Off. All of us will be a part of the last two numbers. I will assign people to certain tables to dance on and so forth. Any questions?”
No one said anything so I dismissed them for the day to work on refreshing the old routines.

After three days of practicing and perfecting the new routines, we were ready to perform Friday night. My dad had asked me to work on Friday because his housekeeping manager had called in sick at the last minute. I agreed to work until three that afternoon for him. Dressed in a pair of black slacks and a light green fitted button down, I was ready to take care of the housekeeping crew until three.
I had called a friend of mine, Tommy, to come in with his crew to do make-up and paint for us. I specifically needed him to make my zombies for me. I really wanted to impress the people from AMC and the Walking Dead. That was my favorite show on AMC. Nick and I had created an awesome routine to the Cryptex Dubstep Walking Dead Theme music. But, for now, I had to worry about making sure this crew was on top of everything. The AMC family was supposed to start checking in at nine this morning.
My dad went as far to have a name tag pen made for me. I put it on and met with the crew at eight fifteen. We had a nice little meeting and I dismissed them to get to work.
“Miss Kyle,” one of them said.
“Yes?”
“My name is Marisol. My partner, Grace, is sick and couldn’t make it today. What am I supposed to do?”
“I tell you what Marisol, I will have Reid with you and I will come check in with you in a little while. What floor are you assigned?”
“The eighth floor, and thank you, Miss Kyle.”
“You’re welcome.”
After they all disbursed, I went to the front desk to check in with the reception crew.
“How are we doing up here this morning?”
“Great, Miss Morrison. How are you this morning,” Chris asked me.
“I’m good.”
“I see your father has you working today,” he said as he looked into my bright blue eyes.
“He does. We need you all to be on your toes today. We don’t need any screw ups with these check-in with the AMC people.”
“Yes ma’am.”
“Dad is running late this morning. He had a meeting. I’ll be around, so if you need me, contact me via the walkie.”
“Yes ma’am,” he said out of respect.
I left the front desk and walked to the convention dining hall. The crew had finally finished the sugar glass ceiling just as I was walking in.
“Would you like to test it out,” Miguel asked me.
“Yes.”
I took off my shoes, crawled up the ladder and walked around on it. It was sturdy enough but would break after we had been dancing on it. Pleased with it, I got down and put my shoes back on.
“Thank you Miguel. Good job.”
“You’re welcome, Miss Kyle.”
I walked through the back double doors that lead into a smaller dining hall that we were converting into a break room/changing room. Several of my dancers were in the room setting up walls and sheets for privacy. Some of the girls were moving mirrors and getting make-up stations set up. Tommy and his crew were coming in at three this afternoon. Pleased with their progress, I left the main floor and began making my way up the floors checking on the housekeeping crew.
By eleven o’clock, I had made my way up to the 12th floor. There were two different crews on this floor getting it ready. I was walking down the hallway and the walkie on my hip went off.
“Miss Kyle?”
Grabbing it to answer it; “Kyle here.”
“It’s Chris at the desk. I need to know if suite 12848 is ready.”
“You’re in luck. I’m on the 12th floor. Give me just a moment.”
Walking down the hall, I went to suite 12848 and the doors were open. Jasmine and Sandy were working on the suite.
“Girls, how much longer?”
“We need twenty more minutes.”
“I’ll help. Whoever they put in here is checking in right now,” I said and picked up the walkie. “Chris, the suite is almost ready. Go ahead and finish the check in to send them up.”
“Yes ma’am.”
I put the walkie onto my hip; “Okay, Sandy, go finish in the bathroom and I will help with the bed. Go on now. Hurry girls.”
“Yes ma’am,” they said.
For the next few minutes, we worked hard and fast. As I was smoothing out the comforter on the king sized bed, I heard footsteps coming into the foyer of the suite.
“Okay, ladies, let’s get out. Go on,” I said shooing them out of the suite.
I shut the doors to the master bedroom, turned around and bumped into a rather buff, rather tall man.
“I’m so sorry.”
“It’s alright,” he said as I lifted my head to see that I had just bumped into Norman Reedus.
Looking over, I recognized Steven Yeun and Aaron Paul.
“I hope everything is to your liking and welcome to the Westin.”
“Thank you,” he said and looked at my name tag. “Kyle Morrison. I’m Norman Reedus.”
“I know who you are,” I said and held out my hand. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m a fan of The Walking Dead.”
“You don’t look like a normal fan of The Walking Dead,” he said with a smile.
“It’s one of my favorite shows and comic books. Unfortunately, I’m a comic nerd.”
“You definitely don’t look like one,” he said, nonchalantly looking me over.
I was flattered that he was checking me out.
“Oh, here’s my card. If something isn’t to your liking, call me directly and I will get it fixed for you.”
“I will do that, Miss Morrison.”
“You gentlemen enjoy your stay. Your itinerary is on the bar,” I said and calmly walked out of the room.
Before I could close the door all the way, I heard Steven speak up.
“That woman was gorgeous! I love women with red hair.”
I smiled at his comment. I was used to being around celebrities. My cousin was a celebrity and I had danced on his show, Glee, in the past. I had been a part of Step Up Revolution as a dancer, and had gone on tour with Pitbull last year. My dad and I had made a deal when I graduated from high school. I had to get a degree in hotel and restaurant management but I could be a professional dancer/actress if I worked hard enough to get up that ladder. I had been dancing since I was five and hadn’t ever stopped.
I finished my rounds and went back down to the main floor of the hotel. I hadn’t been down there too long when my cell phone rang.
“Kyle Morrison.”
“Kyle, this is Steven in suite 12848.”
“How can I help you Steven?”
“I guess in the rush to have the room ready, there weren’t enough towels left in the room.”
“I will take care of that for you right now.”
“Thank you so much.”
I hung up with the phone, walked to the housekeeping closet and pulled out three big towels, and two hand towels. I knew Jasmine and Sandy weren’t finished, so I decided just to take them myself. Since there was this small mess up, I walked to the bar and pulled a bottle of Maker’s Mark to take to them. I got on the elevator and rode up to the 12th floor. Walking down to their suite, I knocked on the door.
The door opened and Steven was standing there. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.
“Special delivery.”
“Come on in,” he said and opened the door.
Norman and Aaron were standing at the window looking out.
“This is for the three of you,” I told Steven and passed him the Maker’s Mark.
“Oh, wow. Thank you so much. Hey, guys, check it out.”
They turned around to see him holding the whiskey up as I walked over to the bar counter to lay the towels down.
“I love that stuff,” Aaron said.
“Thank you but that wasn’t necessary,” Norman said as he walked over.
“Yes it was. My dad said we had to keep you all happy,” I said and smiled at him.
“Who’s your dad?”
“Michael Morrison, he’s the General Manager of the Westin.”
“You work with your father?”
“Not usually, but he asked me to help today because the Housekeeping manager is out.”
“Then what do you do if you don’t usually work here,” Steven asked me.
“I work with the Poetry Feet Company.”
“What is that?”
“It’s a dance and choreography company.”
“So you dance?”
“I do and I am one of the principal choreographers for the company.”
“Wait,” Aaron said. “I saw on our itinerary that Poetry Feet is providing our entertainment all weekend.”
“You did. You’ll see my dancers tonight and Saturday night.”
“Will we see you,” Steven asked.
“Maybe. I’ll be around. I need to go. I hope you enjoy the Maker’s Mark.”
“I’m sure we will. Thank you, Kyle,” Norman said.
“You’re welcome.”
I left their room and went back downstairs. Going to dining hall B, I went in to see Sasha, Nick and Aaron working on something.
“Oh, my, God,” I said and went to sit down with them.
“What is it,” Sasha asked with a smile.
“I was just with Aaron Paul, Steven Yeun and Norman Reedus!”
“Oh at the celebrity hotness,” she said. “Tell me they are as hot in real life as they are on their shows.”
“Yes, honey.”
 I got to talk to them for a few minutes before I had to go deal with some of the housekeepers.

Finally at three o’clock, I checked out with my dad and went to begin getting things ready for tonight. Tommy and his crew showed up to set up. Things were going good. We went out and practiced through several of the routines to make sure they were as tight as they could be. Aaron and I even ran through Don’t Let Go Yet. The poles actually worked out really well.
Their dinner was starting at 6:30 and we were supposed to go on at eight. I was nice and had a catered dinner for my crew before we began getting ready. We started getting ready at a little after seven. I put on my fire red one piece before sliding on my chiffon skirt. My auburn hair was done back into a faux-hawk and Tommy had done some awesome fire-themed make-up on my face.
The door opened at 7:45 telling us that they were ready for us to start. I told him he could go ahead and introduce us in about five minutes. That gave all the girls that were on the sugar glass ceiling time to put our belts on to attach to the bungee ropes. When we were ready, I opened the door for them to put the ladder in the door way for us to crawl up and walk to our spots.
I nodded at the emcee as I began to go up the ladder.
“Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for our entertainment this evening. This is an incredible group of dancers who are here to perform for us. They are members of the Poetry Feet Company. Please make sure there is nothing on the tables and I’ve been told that everything that is going to land you in edible. All of tonight’s routines are choreographed by Kyle Morrison, Nick Gamble and Aaron Thames. It looks like the girls above you are ready now,” he said and looked at me for confirmation.
I gave him thumbs up and then looked down to notice that I was right above The Walking Dead table of all tables! How ironic was this! As the music began, I looked down to see them all looking up at me. I noticed Steven pointing up at me. We began our routine. Our movement was fluid and serene until the music began to speed up as the chorus started.
We all began stomping our feet to start breaking the ceiling. Moments later, the entire ceiling broke all at once for all of us to fall down. Nick was there to catch me. He twirled me around and flung me out for Aaron to catch my feet to throw me back up into the air. The routine flowed easily and the groups danced their parts beautifully. At the end of the song, I was on the table facing Nick. He reached over and unhooked my bungee as I took the belt off. Tracey ran over and handed me the fire stick as the others were changing out their positions. There were a few select dancers that could manage the fire sticks while dancing. We had to light them while we were dancing. Tracey then handed me a microphone.
“Good evening. We are Poetry Feet and we hope you enjoy the show tonight. Don’t worry, what just fell on you is sugar and you can eat it. We are full of desserts tonight. This next number will be a little hot, it is completely safe and we hope you enjoy it. My name is Kyle Morrison and I personally hope you enjoy our show,” I said and passed Tracey back the microphone.
The lights went off and I slid off the skirt. Aaron was at the foot of my table ready to light my stick for me. Light ‘Em Up started with the lights still off. I held the stick back for Aaron to light it. I danced around the table with the stick until they brought the lights back up. I carefully ran the stick over their heads and never touched them with it before it went back to the chorus for the room to get dark again. I shimmied up the pole on the right and continued with the dance until it was over when we blew out our sticks to cheers.
Aaron helped me off the table for us to all run out of the room as the emcee began to introduce the next number. Nick and I got ready for our Titanium. I put on my silver monokini dance suit, quickly wrapped my feet as Greta got my hair down and brushed it out. Nick and I stretched out quickly. As they came into the room, Nick and I went out to the main stage to do our Titanium piece.
“Here to perform the next number is Kyle and Nick.”
I slid on the belt and bungee cord and got into place. The music started and we danced the routine. As the chorus began, Nick twirled me around and then flung me out for me to fly over the Mad Men table. The next time the chorus started, I went into my pirouettes for him to grab me by my foot to fling me out over the AMC production table in the front. At the end of the number he flung me one last time and I almost made it to the Walking Dead table he pushed me so hard. They applauded as we bowed and ran off the stage.

Aaron and I were ready to dance our Don’t Let Go Yet routine. I had a pair of khaki shorts and a green tank top. We waited close by as the routine before ours was just about over. When it finished, Aaron took me by the hand and we walked over to The Walking Dead table. He hoisted me up so I would be behind the pole on the right side of the table. He went to the left one. I glanced over at him.
“One, two, three,” I whispered and he jumped with our hands up to grab our poles.
“Wow,” I heard someone say at the table.
After we were holding on to the top of our poles, the music started. Aaron and I reached out towards each other with our hands stretched wide open. We danced down the pole to get off, meet in the middle to look into each other’s eyes. Wrapping his arms around me, he dipped me back to where my head almost hit the table. Lifting my legs, I wrapped them around his waist for us to begin our dance together.
Towards the end of the song, he put his hand on my butt for me to shoot my legs straight up. Taking a step closer to my pole, I wrapped my legs around the pole for him to let go of me before I lifted myself up to clasp my thighs around the pole tighter. I then laid back and was completely horizontal to be holding my own weight. Aaron came up and lifted me into a presage lift. He was the only one that could do that with me because he was so tall and strong.
He let me go for me to drop and catch me again. We finished the dance with me in his arms as he danced around in a circle. When they applauded, he set me on my feet to look down at Norman and Steven. I winked at them and jumped off the table to go back to our dressing room. I had to go get ready for the Mad Men routine. My 50’s housewife dress was so pretty and flowed around quite nicely when I twirled.
The emcee announced Sasha and I, we went out to our assigned tables and got on them. She was lucky to have been assigned the Mad Men table. Norman was nice enough to help me up onto the table when I got there. I got set in the middle of the table and the music started. The make-up did a lot to sell this performance. We had mascara stained cheeks like we had been crying. Performing both ballet and Dubstep at the same time was a challenge, but Sasha and I had done this routine so many times that it was second nature to us.
I did my lean back, grabbed the pole behind me, flung myself around before I put my feet on it and launched myself to the other one to twirl around it. This was something we threw in because of the poles. Everyone at the table was watching me in awe. This was a five minute routine, but Dubstep was so stagnate that we never lost our breath switching between it and the ballet. With less than a minute to go, I did a cool twisty move to jump off the table. At the end of the song, the both of us were draped over Jon Hamm.
He was smiling really big at us. We both kissed him on the cheek, got off of him and ran off. As soon as we got to the back, we began getting ready for our next numbers. She didn’t have long to get ready for her number because it was next. They had her ready in less than two minutes. I began shedding my dress and getting on my Walking Dead outfit. Tracey brought me the Scout Crossbow and retractable arrows. I was going to get to stab a few of the zombies with the arrows.
The arrows were completely harmless for me to shoot them into the crowd, but I was going to shoot downward when I wasn’t shooting a zombie with them, or stabbing them. That Scout was so light that I could dance with it in my hand. I had been practicing loading it, so I was prepared. The Killing dance was finally over and the crowd cheered so loudly. Looking around, everyone was ready including our zombies.
I had requested that the lights be off when our routine started. There was going to be someone on top of every table in the room with the zombies dancing on the floor. I nodded at the emcee so he would know we were ready. I was ready to go. They had given me the honor of doing the scream at the beginning. Aaron said I had a set of lungs on me.
“Okay, this next one might be a little scary, so watch out,” the emcee said as the lights went out.
I opened my mouth and screamed so loud and then the western-styled beginning started. Our Rick and Lori were on one table together. I ran to my table and got up on it because I did a running leap to get up. Being alone on the Walking Dead table, I had to kill this routine. I put on my deadly smize face and when the Dubstep music started, the lights came up for us all to hit our marks at the same time!
The routine was tight and strong. We were hitting our marks in sync even though we were separated from one another. When the telephone began ringing, a zombie toted ‘Lori’ away and left ‘Rick’ alone to do his ‘I’m going insane,’ dance. Ben did it so well too. My first zombie was coming towards me. I grabbed the arrow, bent down in Norman’s face and stabbed the zombie that was right behind him with the arrow just like he does on the show frequently. I dropped the arrow in his lap to be cute.
As a tribute of the death of Merle on the show, my second zombie got on the table with me for me to artfully kick it down to the table, straddle it and stabbed it with another arrow many times while I was crying. When I got off of him, I kicked him off the table to do my anger dance. While I was doing it, the other ‘characters’ got off their table and made their way to my table for us to all band together on top of the table and dispose of the rest of the zombies to end the routine.
Everyone at The Walking Dead table was on their feet, applauded and cheering for us. I felt amazing as I was in front of my crew of dancers. Everyone in the room was on their feet for us and I wanted to cry joyfully. I was so proud of my team! As we began to slowly get off the table, the emcee explained that there was going to be a ten minute intermission. As I was the last one to get off the table, I saw a hand come out to assist me. I took it and then realized it was Norman.
He leaned over to whisper in my ear; “That was so incredible. You are an amazing dancer, Kyle.”
“Thank you, Mr. Reedus.”
“Call me Norman.”
“Alright. I’ve got to go. I’ll talk to you after the show.”
“I hope so.”
I walked off away from him. I ran to the back and began stripping my zombie clothes off to get my radioactive outfit on with my Take it Off outfit on underneath it. We had made sure we had the music from the video to dance to as well as all the stuffed animals. Aaron and I were going to be together because we matched each other best. He was representing the larger puppet in the video and I was the smaller one. I grabbed my little pink bear and out we went.
We got back on the table and into position. The music started and we began our ‘the little guy’ will win routine. This routine was fun because I got to beat up Aaron. We had so much fun with it. When the dance was over, they applauded. Tracey ran up and handed me the microphone. I wasn’t even out of breath.
“We want to thank you all for sharing your evening with us,” I said to applause and cheers. “We have had a blast sharing the evening with you. Before our last number, I wanted to thank a few people. First of all, we’d like to thank The Westin and its management team for asking us to be here with you all weekend long. You will see us again tomorrow night,” I said to cheers. “Secondly, the Poetry Feet Company would like to recognized Tommy Banks and his company Bank On It  Arts for their incredible make-up job on us and our zombies for the Walking Dead routine,” I said to loud cheers. “Again, thank you for having us and to end the night, here’s a little fun number for you to enjoy,” I said and handed the microphone to Tracey.
The music for Take it Off started. Aaron got back on the table with me as we began dancing again. I noticed he put the glitter bomb gun on the edge of the table for me. As the chorus began, we began taking our top layer off. I had on a short pair of blue glittery shorts and a purple iridescent bra top. When the second verse came around, Aaron and I got together and began dancing very sexy in front of them.
When the chorus started, I reached down and grabbed the glitter bomb gun.
“Who wants it,” I screamed it.
Steven stood up; “Hit me!”
I fired it at him and he was covered in blue glitter! Everyone at the table laughed. I sprayed it real good through the air and dropped the gun. I began mouthing the words as Aaron and I danced on the table. I made a motion for someone to pull their shirt up. Looking over, Norman had pulled it shirt out of his pants and had begun unbuttoning. It was freestyle time for us, so I grabbed the pole and began dancing around it. 
The song finally ended, we took one last bow to applause. Aaron got off the table and nodded for me to jump. I jumped and he caught me perfectly in his arms to turn and walk away with me in his arms. The whole room was applauding and cheering for us. As we got into our dressing room area, Aaron put me on my feet.
“Thank you all so much! We had a kick-ass show and I’m so proud of all of you. I’m sure if Trevor and Sean would’ve been here they would’ve thought so too. Great job everyone!”
Everyone clapped and hollered. The door opened up and we turned to look. It was the guy who had emceed the show.
“I’m sorry if we were too loud,” I said.
“No, that’s not it,” he said with a smile. “The AMC production team has asked me to let you know that you all are invited to mingle with them in Hall C for music and drinks.”
“Thank you so much,” I said. “Tell them we are honored. Please give us at least 20 minutes to change.”
“I will let them know.”
We all scattered in different directions to change. I changed into my midnight purple little dancing dress and my black dancing heels. I threw my hair into a low side ponytail and freshened up my make-up. I stationed myself at the door and waited for everyone to meet at the door. I had some rules for them to mingle with these people. When I counted all 20 of them, I spoke up.
“Okay, listen up people. I know you are excited. I know you all still are high from your adrenaline. But let me remind you that you must be professional. You not are only representing yourself; you are representing the Poetry Feet Company. I know you want to drink, but I’m asking you to please not get drunk and make yourselves look like fools. I know several of you know how to act around high profile celebrities, but some of you don’t. Don’t turn into a fan girl or boy. Don’t ask for autographs, don’t ask for photographs. Now, if they ask you to be in a photo, that’s great. I don’t mind, but don’t be a fan girl or boy. Any problems come find me and we will deal with it. Now, let’s go have a good time!”
They all cheered as I opened the door for them to walk out. Aaron walked up to me and put his arm around me.
“Great speech.”
“Thank you.”
“You’re a great leader, you know.”
“Thank you.”
“Maybe a dance later?”
I looked up into his dark brown eyes; “We’ve been dancing together all night? You’re not sick of me yet?”
“I could never get sick of you, Kyle,” he said with a wink.
Aaron was so handsome. He was of mixed heritage. His father was black and his mother was Caucasian. He was tall and so full of life. He was a few years younger than me, but man, oh, man could we keep up with each other. He kept me on my toes! I asked the clean-up manager to lock up Hall B and give me the key. He locked it and passed me the key. I put the key around my wrist and followed Aaron into Hall C.
When we walked in, Treasure by Bruno Mars was playing. Aaron turned around, gave me a cute smile and motioned for me to come on. We had an actual routine to this song, and it was adorable. He pulled me into his arms and we began dancing the slow Jive dance. Several people around us began backing up and watching the two of us. It never bothered me when people did that. Aaron and I focused on each other to have so much fun dancing to Treasure.
When the song finished, they all clapped for us. We took a bow and walked off the dance floor. Walking over to the open bar, we waited to get drinks. Finally making it to the front, I ordered a Disaronno and Pineapple Juice. I stepped over to the side with my drink and Aaron followed me.
“Go be yourself and leave me be. I’ll be fine.”
“You sure?”
“Yes, I’m sure. Go dance, make a new friend.”
“You got it boss,” he said and walked away.
Just Give Me A Reason by Pink and Nate Ruess was on. I was taking a breather and enjoying my moment of joy. I was so proud of my group and of myself.
“You are a phenomenal dancer.”
I turned around to see Jon Hamm looking at me.
“Thank you so much.”
“You’re welcome. I’m Jon.”
I shook his hand; “Kyle.”
“Can I steal a dance later?”
“Maybe,” I said with a smile.
“I’ll come find you later. Save me a dance now.”
“Alright.”
That song finally went off and I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding started. I stood back, sipping my drink and enjoying watching my friends having a good time. I took pleasure in watching other’s happiness. Apparently I enjoyed my drink too much and had it finished rather quickly. I got back in line at the open bar I was closest to, to get another drink. I felt it when someone stepped up behind me.
“Are you stalking me or am I stalking you?”
I turned around to see Norman; “You must be stalking me,” I said with a smile.
“I must be,” he said with a wink.
I stepped up and told him to make me another. He made me another drink and then he gave Norman a new drink. Going back over to where I was standing, he came over and stood beside me.
“So, Kyle Morrison, you are one interesting woman.”
“Thank you.”
I Need Your Love went off and Mirrors by Justin Timberlake started.
“Would you like to dance with me,” he asked simply.
“Sure.”
He put our drinks down and took me by the hand. We walked out onto the dance floor and he pulled me into a proper dance hold. We began dancing to the somewhat fast passed song. He wasn’t a bad dancer. I was trying not to lead him as we moved around the dance floor together. Looking over, I saw Sasha dancing with Nick. She did a double take at me when she saw who I was dancing with. She then gave me a thumb up. I began shaking my head.
“Is everything okay,” Norman asked me.
“Yes. Just my friend over there.”
He looked over to see Sasha and Nick smiling at us.
“That pretty black girl dancing with your friend Nick?”
“Yes.”
“What did she do?”
“Gave me a thumb up like she was proud of me.”
“Why would she do that?”
“She thinks I need a guy in my life.”
“I thought you and that Aaron guy…”
“No. We’re best friends but nothing more.”
“I see.”
“What about you? You don’t have a girlfriend?”
“Not right now, I don’t. I ended a relationship a few months back.”
“Oh, okay then. You probably don’t have a lot of time for a relationship with your career and your son.”
“You find time when you want a relationship,” he said as I stared into his dark blue eyes.
He didn’t question how I knew he had a son. Everyone knew he had a son named Mingus because they had done a PSA for a bullying campaign last year. We continued to talk as we dance, getting to know one another. He seemed nothing like I thought he would be. Mirrors went off and Stay by Rihanna started.
“Would you like to stay on the floor?”
“Yes, I love this song.”
Pulling myself closer to him, I put the side of my face against his as we began to sway to the beautiful song. I could feel his breath on my bare shoulder. Closing my eyes, I softly began singing the song out of habit. Feeling his arm around my lower back squeezing me closer, I felt safe and secure in his embrace. My chest began to warm being this close to him and I knew it was dangerous territory for me, but I wanted to stay. When the song ended, I pulled back and looked at him.
“Thank you for the dance,” I said, turned and walked off the dance floor.
I grabbed my drink, found Aaron and a few others to gaggle up with them. They were playing Somebody I Used To Know. I loved that song, but it wasn’t one I liked dancing to.
“I saw you dancing with your boy out there,” Nick said with a chuckle.
“Shut up, Nick.”
“Ooh, sensitive!”
“Leave her alone,” Sasha said as she punched him in the arm.
“Owe. Damn, Sasha!”
“You deserved that. God knows, Kyle needs some good man lovin’, maybe she get it from Norman,” she said with a smile.
“Knock it off, Sasha.”
After that song went off, Diamonds came on. I remember that Jon Hamm had asked me for a dance. I got up, walked off and went to find him.
“You ready for that dance,” I asked him.
“Absolutely,” he said, got up and came with me out onto the dance floor.
Diamonds was slow enough to dance in a closed dance frame hold. Jon was a really good dancer. He was twirling me around to the song as we swayed to the beat easily. I enjoyed dancing with him and when the song went off, he bent down and kissed me on my hands.
“Thank you for the dance, Kyle.”
“You’re welcome. Thank you.”
I stood there alone for a moment and the deejay started Papi by Jennifer Lopez! Not caring that I was alone on the dance floor, I began doing the choreographed dance. The dancers all ran out onto the floor to start dancing with me. This was a very fast-paced dance that had very complicated foot work and hip movements. Aaron came up to me and we started dancing side by side. This was a fun dance. The deejay went into Like a G6 and we stayed on the floor.
We had to get these people on the floor again. Making the first move, I ran over and grabbed Aaron Paul.
 “Come dance with me,” I said pulling him onto the dance floor.
“I, I can’t dance.”
“I’ll help you.”
“Oh, okay.”
Slowly my dancers were going and grabbing people dragging them onto the floor. I knew exactly who Aaron would grab. I looked over and sure enough, he was dancing with Christina Hendricks. Aaron Paul was following my lead really well and he was dancing! The deejay kept some fast-paced music going with Born This Way by Lady GaGa. Aaron gracefully bowed down to me and left my side. Looking around, I decided to grab little Chandler Riggs to dance with me. That kid was adorable!
Chandler really got into the dancing. He had my hands and we were just a dancing to the music. We were smiling at each other as we danced. He was a really good dancer to only be 14. We were singing the song as we kept on dancing. Looking over, I saw Nick go over to the deejay to request something. There was no telling with him what he would request. When Born This Way went off, I bent down and gave Chandler a kiss on the cheek and sent him on his way.