2

Flashback to her last conversation with her father..

"You should stop doing all of this, Lauren and just focus on your studies. How many times do I have to tell you that music will not get you anywhere!" Michael said with his arms crossed over his chest while looking at Lauren intimidatingly.

"Why? What is so wrong with me pursuing music? You said to follow my dreams and do what I am most passionate about so here I am doing exactly what you said." She answered, matching the tone of her father's voice.

"Yeah, I said that but what are you going to do after this? Sing to a bar in front of drunken people? Stand on the corner of the street with a damn guitar strapped on your shoulder playing some songs while people drop coins in front of you? That is not what I want for you! That is not what I want for my daughter!" Michael said with frustration lacing his voice due to her daughter's stubborness.

"Exactly! This is not what you want for me because everything should be all about what you want! You want me to be a lawyer like you or a doctor like Mom! You want me to follow your footsteps. You want me to be a carbon copy of yourself and I dont want that! I dont want to be like you because I want to establish my own name. I dont want to live under you and Mom's shadow!" Lauren's dad was taken aback by his daughter's outburst

"You dont have much of a choice here, Lauren Michelle. This is my house, I am your father and you will do what I think is best for you."

"Haha! So you will use the 'My house, my rules' card on me just to make me do what you want?" Lauren laughed sarcastically. "Okay, fine!"

She stood up from where she was seated and open the door to her father's office. She was about to step out when she heard her father's voice.

"Where do you think you you're going? We're not yet done talking."

"No, I think we're done. And don't worry. I will just go to my room, pack my bag and leave this place." Lauren answered without turning around and facing her father. "If living here means not doing what I love then, I'll just go and find a place of my own."

After hearing that, her father immediately took the space that was separating her and her daughter and help her arm to make her look at him.

"You are not leaving this house!"

"Try me." she whispered. She shrugged her father's hand on her arm and left the room closing the door with a bang. She immediately went straight to her room pulling out a suitcase and placing it on her bed. She went to the closet and grabbed as many clothes as she can and placed it on the suitcase. She was about to get her bag for her other clothes when she heard a knock.

"Lauren, it's me." she sighed after hearing her Mom's voice. The last thing on her mind was to talk to her Mom because her Mom is the most genuine person in the world. Her relationship with her Dad might be on a rough patch but her relationship with her Mom is not.

She stopped stuffing her bag with clothes when she heard the door clicked and her Mom came into view.

"Honey, what are you doing?" Carla asked, eyeing the clothes and the suitcase on her daughter's bed. "Why are you packing your things?"

"I'm leaving. I cant take it anymore Mom." Lauren closed her eyes when she felt her eyes sting from the tears that she was trying to hold back. "I dont belong here."

"Oh, Honey... Come here." She pulled her daughter in her arms and held her tightly. Carla knows that her husband and daughter are not on the same wavelength right at the moment. She knows that her husband has been bugging their daughter to drop music and persuade a serious profession. Clara is kinda torn in between because although her husband has a point, rhey still can't dictate their daughter on what she should and shouldn't do. She believes that their daughter is old enough to make her own decision. She already tried talking to her husband about it but if there's something Lauren got from her father, it is their stubborness and pride. When their mind is set into something there's no turning back and they also wouldn't admit that they were wrong hence the reason why he's a successful lawyer.

"You should know that he just wants what's best for you. I understand that he got a bit too far with this but be patient with him, Honey." She whispered to her daughter while rubbing her back.

"I know that, Mom, but I also want to do what I want and passionate about. If staying here means not having my freedom then I'll go." She said before wiping a lone tear that escaped her eyes.

"That is not necessary. We can still fix this. I'll talk to him."

"No, Mom. I'm tired of talking to him. He wont listen anyways so what's the point." She shrugged.

"Is this really what you want? Will this really make you happy?"

"Yes, this is what I want and you know ever since I was small that music makes me happy."

"Okay then. If that's the case then please know that I will support you. I'm hundred percent right behind you. You're my baby girl and I love you so much." Clara said hugging her daughter tightly.

"I love you too , Mom. You're the best. I just wish Dad thinks the way you do."