Chap 15- Just Checking

--Heyy people! Sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. I've been busy with Next Adventures and DeviantArt. Hehe ^_^; SO ANYWAY... I've had brain-farts on this story since I've been acting out the future of this and this part was acted out, like, 3 months ago. So, I'm going to try my best. HAVE FUN!

Ivy's POV

Amy and I sped along the smooth black street. Amy was a rather experienced driver for a 12 year old. How did Shadow get this car anyway? He doesn't own a car at all.

"I found the jacket and hat in the trunk. What a stroke of luck, huh?" she explained, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Ya," I replied. I placed my elbow on the arm rest, rested my chin in my palm, and sighed.

"Hey, it's okay, Ivy. The world isn't going to end," Amy assured. "I never knew my mom or dad, you're lucky you got to spend 16 years with her," she added.

"Listen, I don't want to talk about this," I grunted, twirling the pendant Elizabeth gave me between my pale fingers.

"Well, I'm here if you need help," she noted.

We didn't talk the rest of the way. I watched the trees pass by in a red, orange, and brown blur. Usually Autumn made me warm and fuzzy inside, but nothing was foaming up. I felt cold, like my soul escaped my body. All off this drama...there had to be a reason for this.

As we turned the corner past the Cider Mill, down the long driveway, and pulled into our parking space, an anger arose as we neared the home. It was awkwardly towards Shadow. Amy and I climbed up the stairs. The higher we climbed the more my nails pierced my skin in the fists they were in.

Amy un-locked the door and I instantly ran into Shadow's room. I had the urge to just destroy everything I looked at. I was a hair away from doing that, but instead I plopped onto Shadow's black bed face first. I just lay there, not moving an inch. Someone probably could've mistaken me for a dead body. At least a dead hedgehog body.

I guess I fell asleep and had a nightmare. It wasn't actually a nightmare, maybe just a slightly startling dream. I was in Shadow's room, laying just as I was now. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mephiles Chaos Control into the room. What was he doing here? He stared at me with his large, red, villainous eyes, smirked, then was changing into another form. Who was it? Just a little more and-

I woke up due to a hand on the back of my head. My eyes shot right open and turned so vigorously that Shadow almost fell of the bed.

"SHADOW! You scared me!" I shrieked.

"Is this the normal time you'll be arriving home?" he questioned.

"A nice 'I'm sorry' would be nice," I murmured under my breath. Shadow rose an eyebrow, expecting an answer. "No, it wont. I just came home early," I answered.

"And that is why?" he asked.

"It's been tough for me these past several hours. This all had to happen so soon...ugh," I placed my head in Shadow's pillow.

"Shadow can her and I talk for a sec?" I heard Sonic's voice call from my left. Shadow rose off the bed and exited, leaving just Sonic and I.

"Hey," I greeted, my voice muffled and depressed within the pillow.

He sat down next to me. "Hey look. I've been thinking. Maybe your mom is okay," he began.

"Please don't bring this up now. I just need a nap," I interrupted.

"Hear me out, Ives. What if she's alive?"

"How would that be possible? You saw those missiles!"

"Maybe your mom dodged them. She might still be alive. It's worth a shot to at least try."

"You go. I'd rather not."

"C'MON IVY!"

"Will you keep bugging me if I don't go?"

"Ya, pretty much."

"Ugh...fine," I sat up and faced Sonic. He stood and walked towards the bedroom entrance until I stopped him.

"Um, how are we going to get there?" I asked.

"I've got that under control. C'mon," he answered, walking out of the room.

I stood up and followed him down the hall to the elevator. He pressed the button marked "B" meaning basement. This was also where Tails' workshop was. The elevator doors opened and we turned right, striding down a dark hallway. All of the residents' storage units were down here, so the workshop had to be hidden. We turned an other right and went down an other hallway. We reached the back corner; no one comes back here so it's a great place for Tails' workshop. In the cement ground was a square large enough for just us Mobians to fit in. Sonic and I jumped down, walking one more minute to our final destination.

Sonic flipped the light switch. I shielded my eyes (it was pitch black and now all of a sudden the lights came on) for a second or two, then lowered my arms and blinked a little. In the back left hand corner of the room were some cabinets; they probably held tools. On the left hand wall was a long desk full of papers and do-hickeys. On the edge were some metal-looking brasclets, and next to those on the wall were some hover boards; kinda like from Sonic Riders. The rest of place just had machines and stuff.

In front of me was a large....thing covered in a white sheet. Sonic pulled on the sheet, revealing a large machine that looked like one of those transformer things from Fantastic 4.

"You ready?" Sonic began. "Ladies first!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh ya. This is a teleporter that Tails' made so we can go to Mobius anytime we wanted."

"WHAT?! WHEN WAS THIS MADE?!"

"Geeze calm down. It was finished....maybe about a year ago..."

"So you could've left me anytime? Like on Sonic X with Chris?"

"Well that was a different situation. We had to go in that episode."

"Ya, but still..."

"We would never just leave ya without a warning," Sonic finished, smiling sweetly. "So you getting in?"

I walked forward and opened the sliding door to the capsule, walking in followed by Sonic. He pressed some info onto the dashboard, then held onto the silver bar running around the tube. "Hold on tight!" he commanded.

The capsule shook and I grasped onto the silver bar, my knuckles turning white.

"HERE...WE........................................................................................................................................................GO!"

Sonic finished his sentence in a wrecked up Mobius. "HA that was fun!" Sonic announced. Fun? FUN?! I wanted to barf up a storm! Ugh my aching head...

He walked out of the capsule followed by me. As we stared at ruined Mobius, I couldn't find my mum anywhere. Sonic was on top of that, though. He was buzzing by every crater, tree, and missile he could find. He finally stopped by the sand bank of the Lake of Rings. I jogged over and stood next to him to see what he was looking at. In the water was my mum's brasclet I made her when I was 6. She always wore it and would never take it off, even if it ment her life was at risk. I grasped onto Sonic and nuzzled my forehead into his neck. He hugged me back and we stood there for a couple of minutes. He finally let go and dove down into the lake, coming up and holding the Power Stone that produced Power Rings.

He shook off and handed the rock to me. "I think this should be yours," he claimed sweetly. I took the stone and we took one last look of Mobius. Good-bye mum. Good-bye Mobius.

--Okay..so I have brain farts and I decided I'm finishing here. Feedback please! Help me, too! Thnx and stay tuned!