Chapter 1

Riley P.O.V

The sound. The single sound that makes me bolt upstairs into my room time after time. As the lock of the door clicks I'm already fumbling up the stairs out of sight.

The creak of the front door opening startles me as I finally reach my room slamming the door behind me.

"Honey, I'm home!" My father shouts.

Locking my door I scramble into my bathroom, undressing quickly I leap into the shower where I know he won't come after me.

I pull the shower knob and the cold water sprays on my back coating my body in tiny goosebumps.

Shutting my eyes I take deep breaths and trace over the scars on my arms and stomach wondering what life would be like without pain.

A loud banging brings me back to reality. "HOLY SHIT!" I shriek, watching my bathroom door being torn off the hinges and smashing against the floor.

It's only been ten minutes since he's been home and I can already smell the liquor on his breath and he approaches my shower.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR MOTHER!?" my father spits.

Trying to cover my naked body I stand in silence not knowing what to say.

"I will not ask you again Riley. Tell me where your mother is right now because YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ME GET ANGRY DAMMIT!" His face turning a bright red as the words spill out of his mouth.

"I-I-I don't know father." I manage to get out but know she is probably hiding from him.

Suddenly he raises his hand and whips it down across my cheek causing me to collapse to my knees in pain.

"Get up." My father commands.

Grabbing me by my hair he drags me out shower into the bedroom.

Shoving me to the bed I struggle to cover my self with a blanket crumpled up next to me only to have it quickly ripped from my grasp and tossed to the floor.

"Don't try to hide Riley. You know what will happen if you do." He whisper in my ear sending chills down my back.

When I tilt my head back up at him all I can see is the most evil smirk crawl across his face as he removes his belt.

A/N

This is my first story on wattpad! I hope you all like it! :)