8

We walked in to the airport. I saw Aoi, Ace, Luffy, Aisuru and two of Aka's other friends, Zoro and Ki, waiting. Aoi looked ready to cry when we approached. Aka was immediately pulled in to a hug by Luffy and Aisuru.

"You rejected her?" Aoi asked me with a scowl. I stared at her.

"Rejected her? What are you talking about, Aoi-ya?" I asked.

"The whole reason we're here. The reason Aka chose to spend her last days here with you instead of me. She told me she was going to confess to you, if you accepted her feelings, then she'd stay, but if you rejected her then she'd leave." Aoi scowled at me.

"The only thing Aka-ya and I talked about while she stayed with me were her plans for the future." I said. Aoi's eyes widened.

"She never told you..." Aoi said softly. I looked over at Aka as Ki held her in a tight hug, trying not to cry.

"If a woman like that ever told me she loved me, then I couldn't reject her." I said. Aoi walked away from me. I followed her to the group saying goodbye to Aka.

"She loves you, you know." Aoi said. I stopped in my tracks.

Did Aka really love me? Did she get the clue I was trying to tell her with the story in the car?

My heart had a heavy beat and it was on the brink of breaking.

Aoi pulled Aka in to a hug. Aka hugged her best friend tightly, her eyes shut tight, trying not to cry.

"Go and become the photographer that rules the world. Show that Phoenix who's the queen." Aoi said. Aka hugged her tightly.

"Don't give up on being an actress, Aoi. You can rule the industry with your talent." Aka said. They were quiet for a moment. Aka burried her face in Aoi's shoulder.

"Thank you for never giving up on me!" Aka cried. Aoi held her tight for a moment, tears escaping her eyes.

"Alright, enough mushy shit. Get on that plane and go live your dream before I decide to tie your fucking stupid long hair to my wrist." Aoi said, wiping her eyes.

"I love you guys." Aka said. She smiled at us and walked over the line of no return. My gut twisted.

"Aka-ya! Wait!" I called. Aka stopped and turned. Everyone looked at me.

"Yes, Law?" Aka asked, walking over to me. I reached over the line and grabbed her and pulled her closer to me. I slammed my lips on to hers and gave her a long kiss. I faintly heard Aisuru and Luffy cheer. I pulled away, fighting back tears.

"I love you, Aka-ya." I said. Aka's eyes widened.

"Law-" she started.

"Promise me you won't give up on your dream." I said. She blinked at me.

"I won't... And I will see you again!" She said, tears starting down her cheeks. I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears away with my thumbs.

"Sshhhh... Don't cry... You'll break my heart.." I murmured to her.

"I love you, Law." She said. I kissed her again.

"Go capture the world. And if you still want me when you're done, I'll be right here waiting for you." I said. I kissed her one last time. She wiped away her remaining tears and turned back to catch her flight.

"Why'd you let her go?" Ace asked me.

"Because I love her." I said. Ace just gave me a confused look. Aoi smiled, understanding what it was I was saying.

"Well, I hope we see Aka-chan again. She was always fun!" Luffy said. I smiled.

"You're right, Luffy-ya." I said. After that I went home.

I sighed and plopped down on my bed, closing my eyes to try to sleep. When nothing worked, I sighed and sat up. I wasn't sleeping any time soon. I didn't know what to do. I rolled over on my bed and noticed something on my nightstand, next to the picture of me and Lami.

I sat up and looked at the object. It was a picture. Of Aka.

She was sitting barefoot on the floor infront of a mirror wall. Her camera in her lap and her smiling her beautiful smile at the mirror, her silver eyes sparkling with joy. On the back of the picture was a note.

Law,
This picture is the picture I took of myself after I talked to you for the first time in the café.

Honestly, I wanted to talk to you after the first time I noticed you in the café. I didn't know what it was about you, but I wanted to know you. And after our first three conversations, I realized something.

If you're reading this, then it means I left with out saying it, but I love you, Law. I want to be with you, but I guess that won't happen since I'm across the country now. But I wanted to tell you how I felt. I really do love you, Law.

Love, Donquixote D Lynn Aka.

I smiled warmly. I grabbed my phone and texted Aka, knowing she'd see it when she landed.

All I said was:

I got your letter. I love you, too.

I slept a little better after that.