Who you really are

Vote and comment please :D

Prologue

        The truth is… I’m scared of falling in love…

        “I love you Tyler!” She shouted at me.

        I didn’t know what to say back other than the usual. “I love you too…” My voice trailed off and there wasn’t much feeling in it. In fact, I didn’t mean it at all. She wrapped her tiny arms around me and hugged me, smiling happily. I didn’t know what to do.

        “Oh Tyler… will you go out with me?” She looked up at me. Usually the guys ask the girls out… or so I’m told. And since I have a problem with say no… I had to say yes. Her smile grew and the word slipped from my mouth. I regretted it the second it was out. I didn’t want to date her… I didn’t want to date anyone. “Tyler, were going to be the couple that ends up getting married after high school… and were going to have so many kids!” She laughed.

        I just continued to stare down at her with a fake smile plastered on my face. I couldn’t speak, I had shocked myself. I just nodded and closed my eyes, smiling the best I could.

        People stared at us as they passed by. I bit my lip and pulled away from my new girlfriend Molly. She looked up at me confused for a moment. “I have to go… I’ll see you later…” I mumbled and left without another word. She stood there, dumbfounded. I needed to go home and sort things out before they got too out of hand.

        The second I got home I threw myself onto my bed and pulled my pillow over my head. Suddenly my phone went off, vibrating next to my ear. I lifted it over my head, pulling the pillow away and looking at my phone. It was him… he was finally online again!

        I jumped off my bed and grabbed my laptop in one swift motion. I logged onto my account as I made my way back to my bed. The second I logged on I was bombarded with a million different messages from different girls. But I was only looking for one person; Charliesmonster132. He has been my best friend since I started playing video games in middle school. Yes, my parents were freaks about me playing video games when I was little. I convinced them to let my play eventually though.

        I clicked on his name and started to type away as if he hasn’t been gone for a month.

        Tylerdragon2: wow, you’re finally online!

        Charliesmonster132: I know we finally got back from our trip around the world. :P

        Tylerdragon2: Was it fun?

        Charliesmonster132: no… my brothers and sisters kept crying and I didn’t get any time to myself.

        Tylerdragon2: oh, that sucks. When are you leaving again?

        Charliesmonster132: not for a while; a month or so.

        Charlie’s parents were famous actors apparently over in Australia and their family traveled a lot. Their caretaker watched over them all the time even though Charlie was seventeen.  So he pretty much either just stayed up in the room or walked around the town.

        Tylerdragon2:  good, we need to catch up. I’m already level sixty and you’re still a measly forty-one.

        Charliesmonster132: yeah yeah yeah… I’m working on it. But hey, I’ll talk to you later; my parents want to talk to me about something.

        Tylerdragon2: alright, talk to you later.

        Then he was gone. I logged off and plopped back down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. “I hope everything is okay…” I mumbled to myself.