Chapter 1

He looks a little miserable, standing in the airport with his mother. She looks nothing like him, she has short blonde hair and blue eyes. Jen Baker, she looks so proud and so sure of herself. Charlie Baker, her son is practically the opposite. He has black hair that used to be brown, green eyes and baggy ... Well everything. His clothes are baggy, his hair is messy and he looks like he's been awake for a year though he looks taller than most fourteen year olds.

They walk through the metal detector and Jen sets off the alarm, she explains saying she has a metal plate in her chest due to a car crash. Charlie looks guiltily up at his mother, as if he was apologising without saying anything. He looked scared, but in a way Charlie always looked scared. He went through the metal detector with ease, they collected their things and went through the gate to the plane from London to Washington. Charlie had never been on a plane, in fact he did everything he could to avoid them. But he can't avoid this one, since you can't really move to Washington from London by boat. They board the plane, Charlie starts to freak out a little but his mother calms him down. The flight is very long and Charlie eventually falls asleep.