Chapter #1

*Song Of The Chapter Above*

*****River's POV*****

I walk into the history room with Josh holding my hand in his as he carries my bag across his body, his things packed inside. "My Brother!" He yells. "My Brother!" Someone yells back. I timidly look around Josh to see a man standing there. "Hope you don't mind Cory but I invited my girlfriend, Miss River Barron, to join the trip. Topanga said it would be fine," Josh say. "That's right. I invited him," A woman says walking in through the front door. "And I invited her cause I'm smart," Cory says. Josh leads up up to the front and I go shake hands with Cory, but he pulls me into a hug. "Cory Matthews. But you can call me Cory," He says. "River Barron. But don't regard to me as a Barron River," I state with a smile. "I like her, Josh. Why didn't you bring her up for Christmas last year?" Topanga says. "He asked me out on not last year's New Year's, but the one before that, and if he asked earlier, I wouldn't want to intrude on your celebration for the holidays," I say, tucking a piece of my blonde hair out of my face. I'm pulled into a tight hug and I turn to Josh in shock. "Panga. Don't scare the girl. We've got the whole trip to get to know her," Cory sighs. I'm released and I send Topanga a smile.

I step into the ski lodge and look around in shock. "It's beautiful here. Simple, casual but perfect." I tell Josh. He smiles and places a kiss on my cheek. "Now nobody start following the human nature here!" Cory tells the teens. I look around a bit more until I notice the couples weekend sign. "You brought us here on Couples Weekend." Josh informs Cory. "Of course I did!" Cory hisses. I let out a giggle and he sends me a look, causing me to burst out laughing.

I sit beside Riley as the second hiking group arrives back. Josh spots me and runs over, pulling me out of my spot. He pulls me away from the window seat so I quickly turn and wave goodbye to Riley before he pulls me into our shared room. "Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?" I question as he pulls us down to sit on his bed. "Nothing besides being perfect. But right now close your eyes. I have something for you," He says, pecking my lips quickly. I sigh but close my eyes. I feel something being placed in my hand and I hear Josh moving around. "Stand up and open your eyes," He says. I quickly listen and open my eyes to see Josh kneeling down on one knee at my feet and a small box in my hand. I raise my free hand up to my mouth and let out a sob. "River Amelia Barron. I've known you since the start of high school and I know we've been dating for over a year now, getting close on two years. But I can already tell that I don't want to lose you for some random and stupid reason. I promise to take care of you and make you feel loved anytime. You don't even have to ask me anything because you deserve everything. But, will you make me the happiest man in this room by marrying me?" He says, opening the box to reveal the most beautiful ring. "Yes," I state. He quickly stands up and takes the ring out, slipping it onto my left ring finger.

*Choose A Ring Out Of These Two*

I smile at Josh and he lifts me up in his arms. "It's perfect." I say. "You're perfect," He replies. I place a quick kiss on his lips and he groans in annoyance. "No teasing, Riv," He complains. I smirk and kiss right beside his mouth, to his cheek then to his ear. "Sorry? What was that?" I whisper into his ears, biting it lightly. I'm suddenly slammed into the wall right beside our bathroom door and I look at Josh in shock. He lets me down carefully and slams his lips into mine. I instantly kiss back and move my hands to his hair. A knock sounds on the door and it opens. "Oh gosh!" A female voice yelps. Josh pulls away quickly and we turn to see a blonde girl standing there with a look of horror. "Maya? Has anyone told you not to barge into people's rooms if they don't answer the door?" Josh complains. I place an arm on his back and rub it gently. "Nope," Maya states, popping the 'p'. "How can we help you Maya?" I ask. "For you to stay away from my husband, you witch!" She snaps. I jump slightly and Josh pushes me behind him. "I told you Maya. I'm three years older than you and I don't like you like that. I'm happy with River and nothing can stop that," Josh states, sending me a smile. "What's going on in here?" Topanga asks, walking in behind Maya. "I asked River the important question and we were kissing when Maya barged into the room. River asked how we could help and Maya snapped, calling River a witch," Josh summarizes. "Oh! What did you say, River?" Topanga says. "Yes," I say with a smile. "Well it's time for dinner then a movie will be put on." Topanga says and pulls Maya out with her. Josh turns to me and smiles. "Sorry about her. I've told her that I'm not interested multiple times. How about we head down to dinner?" Josh says, pushing hair from my face. "Yeah. Let's go," I say, placing a kiss on his nose. He kisses me quickly and lifts me up, taking me downstairs.

I sit beside Topanga, Cory and Josh as we listen to Maya and Riley tell what their life's would be like with Lucas. "You're three years older than me here too?" Maya complains as Josh adds himself in. "I'm also a Millionaire and engaged to that beautiful girl sitting by the window," Josh states. Maya let's out an annoyed sound and glares at me. I sigh and lean my head on Josh's shoulder as he holds my left hand.

I walk into my shared room with Josh as he stays downstairs to talk to Cory and Topanga about something. I quickly grab my my pajamas and toiletries before heading to the bathroom to get ready for bed.