Chapter #3

*****River's POV*****

I walk into the park at the end of the street to find the missing teens sitting there laughing. "Get up right now!" I call. They turn to me in shock and quickly stand up. "How dare you directly refuse to listen to Josh and I! As you can see it's now snowing and it's picking up! You're lucky I went to check on you or else you would probably be freezing right now!" I yell. "Maya and Riley said that you both told them it was fine for us to go on a walk," Farkle says. "Would I be here if it was?!" I scold. I pull out my phone and quickly call Josh's number. "River? Did you find them yet? Do I need to come get you?" Josh asks quickly. "They were at the park down the other end of the street," I state. "Should I come get you all?" He questions. "No, it's okay. We'll walk and it'll let them think about what they've done," I reply. "Okay. Well, I contacted Cory, Topanga, Maya's Mom, Shawn, Lucas' parents, Farkle's parents, Smackle's parents and Zay's parents to let them know what happened." Josh sighs. "Thanks Josh. I'll see you soon," I say. "See you soon." He says and hangs up. I turn to the teens with a frown. "Josh contacted your parents and we'll be talking to them in the morning about what should happen," I state. "Even Shawn?" Maya asks. I nods and signal for them to start walking. They all quickly walk past me and begin the walk back to the house.

I close the door as the last teen walks into the house and lock it. I turn to see Josh standing there with an annoyed expression. "Get upstairs now," He states, pointing to the staircase. I pull of my coat, hanging it up, and removing my snow boots, placing them by the front door. I walk toward Josh and pull him to our bedroom. He turns off the TV as I quickly grab my pajamas and head into the bathroom to change.

***1 weeks later***

I wake up to my alarm going off at six and sigh in annoyance. I roll out of Josh's arms and quickly gather my work clothes for the day before heading to the bathroom.

I tape a note to Josh's forehead at seven and kiss his cheek quickly before heading out. I smile as I pass the kitchen knowing that his freshly made breakfast is hidden in the usual place for when we have visitors.

I hear the bell go off from the front of the shop as I decorate a wedding cake to go on display. "It's for you, River!" Harriet calls. I look up in confusion and instantly spot Josh standing at the counter with Cory, Topanga, Shawn, Katy, Mr and Mrs Minkus,  Mr and Mrs Friar, Mr and Mrs Smackle and Zay's mother. "Hi!" I call wiping my hands quickly. "They've got their kids and your parents picked up Nat and Marc at eight. These weirdos wanted to see where you worked and apparently Topanga ordered something," Josh explains. I point to Topanga with a smile quickly rush to collect something. "I made this earlier as soon as the order came in," I call collecting the box of cupcakes from the back.

I pass the box to Topanga and see instantly pulls out her bankcard. "It's on the house." I state, pushing her card back to her. Her eyes widen in shock and she shakes her head. "No. I'm paying. I don't want you to be in trouble with your boss," She states. Harriet bursts out laughing from where she just finished stocking up the breads supply to my right. "I don't get it? What's so funny?" Shawn asks. "I'm an early graduate for my culinary studies and I'm working on culinary arts at university. As a culinary graduation present, my parents helped me buy this place so I could start up my on business," I explain to the group except Josh. They stare at me and nod slowly. "So I insist that those are on the house," I state after a few moments of silence. Topanga nods and hugs me over the counter. "We'll see you soon River. Contact us every day. We're sorry about the kids not listening to you both on that night when it came to their walk," Topanga rushes. I wave goodbye to the adults and Josh comes around to my side of the counter. "What are you doing here young man?" I ask. "They were my ride here since I didn't want to drive. So I'm here for the rest of the open hours," Josh states, kissing my cheek and heading out back. Harriet and I share a look before I follow him.

I'm carried back into the house by Josh and he sets me down on my feet quickly. I smile at him as he hugs me close to his chest. I push him away lightly and kiss his cheek lightly. "Early night tonight. We're starting the wedding planning tomorrow and our Moms' will be joining us in two weeks to help out," I state. He sighs and lifts me back into his arms, taking me up to our bedroom. "I'll be starting to teach Harriet how to do themed cakes next week," I laugh as he sets me on my feet. I grab my pajamas and head to the bathroom.

I sit at the kitchen table serving up breakfast when Josh comes running in and kisses me quickly before sitting down. I place the last waffle on his plate and quickly put  the dishes I just used in the sink. I take my seat across the table from Josh and join him with eating breakfast.

***2 weeks later***

I sit beside my Mom as Josh and Amy sit across from us while we search through a pile of papers for a possible venue when the front door slams open to reveal Cory and Topanga standing there. "We're here to help out with planning," Topanga announces. "We're married you know!" Cory cheers loudly. I slam my head down on the table at his stupidity, but connect with a hand instead. I look up to see Josh smiling at me happily. "We'll get lunch ready then," He states, checking the time. I nod in agreement and we stand up from the dining table, heading to the kitchen. "UNCLE BOING!" A female voice screams loudly and Josh slams into the ground with a blonde on his back. "Maya!" I hear Riley call out. Maya stands up, sending me a glare before walking off to Riley. I quickly kneel beside Josh and roll him onto his back, revealing his now heavily bleeding nose. "Topanga?! Cory?! Mom?! Amy?!" I call loudly, tears falling down my cheeks. Feet come running and Topanga kneels on the other side of Josh while feet run somewhere else, most likely to find something to stop the bleeding. "How did this happen?" Cory asks, joining us. "Maya jumped on his back and he fell over. Unless you didn't hear her call 'Uncle Boing' at the top of her lungs," I whimper, brushing the hair from Josh's face. Amy quickly kneels by his head and places a cloth over his nostrils as Mom passes me an ice pack. "Let's get him into your bedroom so he can be more comfortable and we'll take turns holding an ice pack to the bridge of his nose," Mom states. We all nod in agreement before Cory and I stand up and pull him up by his armpits. We wrap his arms around our shoulders and I hold the cloth in place on his nose.

I finish the last set bit of planning for the day and head into the kitchen with Topanga. "I may go upstairs to check on Cory and Josh for a minute," I sigh, turning the jug on. Topanga nods in agreement as she pulls out a few cups from the cupboards. "I have to talk to Maya about giving Josh personal space. I don't think Cory will be very happy if something like that happens again to his baby brother, neither will Eric," Topanga states. "I heard my name," Maya's voice rings out. We turn to her with a glare. "I should head upstairs," I say and walk out of the kitchen quickly.

I walk into the master bedroom to see Josh trying to sitting up on the bed and run to his side, helping him sit up against his pillows. "How are you feeling?" I ask, kissing his forehead. He pulls me onto the bed beside him and holds me to his chest. "My face and back hurts a lot because of Maya but I'll live," Josh states, playing with my hair gently. I nod and cuddle into his chest. "We decided the venue but we'll see if you agree with us. Tomorrow we'll get to decide the guest list and date," I explain. He nods. "I don't really want Maya to attend. Just incase she decides to make a scene or stop the wedding," Josh states. I nod in agreement.