Email 1

To: stellhyoon@fastmail.com

From: ninaramirez@fastmail.com

SUBJECT: IT HAS BEEN A YEAR!

September 25, 2016

Hey Stell!

I miss you.

It has been a year ever since we had that last talk. It has been a year ever since I gave you that foot massage and you said that it was relaxing and asked me to continue. That day when I saw you so thin and lying on your bed with bed sheets white as the fluffy cloud. I imagined myself together with you on that bed, side by side, and then we would talk again about our lives struggle.

It has been a year that you messaged me on twitter asking me to pray for you and how you want me to visit you soon. How did it all end in single snap? It has been a year when you told me to meet you one Sunday morning since you have to tell me something important. How I wish I met you that day instead of prolonging it and moving it back to December and then I received your bad news.

Prior to me visiting you in that hospital, I want to tell you that I have been so busy lately. I have been working for almost two years now and that it hasn't stopped. How I wish it would. So you see, right after college I got a job and started working really hard. For the past two years that I am working, I so wanted to meet you and treat you to a fancy dining so that I could tell all my stories since I started working.

I would love to ask you though, how was your plan to go to Med school? I know, from the last time we talked, you encouraged me to take a premed. However, as life would have it, everything did not go according to my plan. Yeah. I hope you still remember, when you asked me why I took accounting instead of following my passion about science. It's all about financials. Then after a year, I surprised you that I shifted to creative writing instead. During that time, I reconsidered how it would end up if I continue accounting. Then I realized it's better if I follow this passion.

Anyway, let's go back to you. How are you right now? It's been a year that we did not talk. I miss my best friend. I know that someday, probably, we will have our mini reunion with the rest of the gang. By the way, we are moving to a new town. I haven't had any chance to contact you though. Sorry for this long email.

I'll wait for your email.

All the best!

Nina Ramirez