Episode 7

It had been a month since the coronation, but still Scarlet couldn't be used to her new life as a 'Crown-princess'. A clumsy 18-years old fighting her clumsiness was not the picture of a crown-princess, but she couldn't care less. Being herself was most important. Sometimes she wondered how it would have been if her annoying 'Miss-perfect' sister, Shanon was in her place.

It was one in the morning but she was busy working on the projects files which were making a never decreasing heap on her office-table. "Well, perks of being a princess", she sarcastically stated to herself. Just then, the door to her room was open. Clicking her tongue, she held her ears and turned to the intruder, an angry young fella in his night dress, bird's nest bed hair and well, a teddy bear, hanging from his arm.

"I remember we saying 'Goodnight' to each other at 9 pm. Have I been sleeping for 28-hours-straight?" the lad sarcastically huffed towards Scarlet.

"Well you know I have a lot of work to do, and this mountain never seem to shrink", she pointed  towards her office table. "Then what about you, walking into a young girls room at the middle of the night." not that she cared, but there was no harm on trying to tease him.

Not being affected by her words, Jae put a stoic face and replied, "Your lights were on".

Descending towards him, Scarlet cupped his face with one hand, while the other carassed his messy hair and asked, "Are you having them nightmares?" Taking his silence as yes, she held his wrist and pulled him towards her, well, their tent house

Descending towards him, Scarlet cupped his face with one hand, while the other carassed his messy hair and asked, "Are you having them nightmares?" Taking his silence as yes, she held his wrist and pulled him towards her, well, their tent house. "How long had it been since we slept together. Geez, I miss our old days".

Jae came to halt and jerked his hand out of her wrist " Are you out of your mind? How can we sleep together? You are a princess and I......"

"You what?" Scarlet rested her hands on her hips as she raised an eyebrow "You are my bestfriend Jae. Now don't be annoying like "miss-perfect" and let's just go to sleep. I'm really tired".

Jae sighed and did what she told. They snuggled into their own sleeping bags, imprinted with 'Jae' and 'Scarlet' respectively.

"Sweet dreams", they wished each other as Scarlet quickly closed her eyes. Hugging  his teddy, Jae looked at his bestfriend, a clumsy girl carrying the burden of being a royal heir. She looked paler and had lost some weight due to her hectic life. Looking at her sleeping figure, his memories from his childhood when they spent most night sleeping over in the tent-house, came rushing.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A 7 years old Jae Fujioka stood in front of his dead family, covered in blood as he held his teddy bear tightly against his mouth to avoid any sound coming out of his mouth. The tears never seemed to stop as the bandits who killed his parents approached towards him. Just at the nick of the time, Lord Johanssons, whom the Fujioka family used to serve, came with a troop of army and killed the bandits.

As known by the people, Lord Johanssons, was a kind man to adopt his butler's son. Jae was sent to the same school his son, Anthony, was sent to, a really prestigious school. This was the place where he first met Scarlet or Hano Haru, as she was known then as.

A clumsy girl and a stoic boy, though the pair seemed unimaginable, the duo were inseparable. The pokerfaced, untalkative boy always felt comfortable with his best friend, but they both had secrets they didn't told the other about.

"Did the cat again fought with you?" Hano poked the bruises on his face. The boy kept silence. "Well, come here 'Mr. beaten by a cat', let me tend your wounds".

This was the daily routine for them, which had Hano curious and investigated 'bout the 'cat'. The result had her so enraged, she took her army and  barged into the Johanssons's mansion at the middle of the night, to capture the 'cat' or 'cats'. She nearly killed a 'cat', Anthony, who was kicking Jae like a sac of potato. The Johanssons, who were the real reason why the Fujioka family was killed and now had Jae in such venerable state were arrested. Their secrets got unraveled.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Watching the lady in deep slumber, whom he served as assistant, whom he had developed feelings for...... besides his teddy, he found himself slipping into the la-la land.

To be  continued.....
Thank you and please vote