19- Rain

A/n: I'm still alive lol. Here's a short story for y'all.

The pitter patter of the rain drops hitting the window made you finally realize that you've been sitting in front of your laptop for quite a long time now.
"You're finally done, (Name). I was so worried that you'll pass out from overwork" Kaneki placed a cup of coffee on your table and he kissed your forehead as you looked up a him.
"Yeah.. Sorry I didn't notice I was working for that long.. Oh! The laundry!!" You stood up straight and scrambled your way to the veranda and found the clothes neatly folded on the sofa.
"Huh?"
"I folded them earlier. You were so focused I don't wanna disturb you" Kaneki chuckled and back hugged you, resting his head on your shoulder.
"Thank you so much, Kaneki. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" You turned around and looked at him apologetically.
He rested his forehead on yours and an innocent smile spread on his lips.
"Let's cuddle and enjoy the weather, shall we? The rainy days without thunder like these are nice and calming somehow" he grinned.
You giggled at his attitude and nodded.
"Okay!"
Wrapped in each other's warmth on the sofa, both of you made a small talk with one another. The sound of small footsteps are strained due to the rain.
"...ma..ma..? ..d-da...dad..dy...?" The toddler tugged on your sleeve and you turned to look at the small boy.
"Kao~! Aww~ You're already awake? Are you scared of the rain?" You smiled and took your child, placing him in between you and Kaneki.
He immediately fell back asleep against both of you. Kaneki smiled warmly and stroked the baby's hair.
"He looks like me" Kaneki joked and you laughed.
"Shut up, Kaneki" you pecked his lips and squeezed his hands. 〜♥︎

A/N: Hello guys. I'll be posting requested stories soon. My exam will be over in about a month. Please wish me luck ; ^ ; This is the crucial period for me and it's starting to stress me out but I'm doing great :) thanks for supporting my story so far! ♥︎