Chapter 7

Zoe Pov:

I was scared. Okay... I was terrified. There I was locked in someone's basement alone. And  he was threatening my money, my channel, my family. What on earth was I supposed to do? It probably sounds stupid but today I got the weirdest feeling. Like both Alfie and Joe were near by. It was probably just me being stupid and missing my life but... I don't know.

It must have been about midnight. I heard a voice coming from upstairs. "I hope your behaving beautiful," he growled. This made me beyond uneasy. I knew how these situations ended. I'm a young vulnerable woman and he's and older man. This couldn't be happening. I breathed in, telling my self I was overreacting. If anything was going to happen, it would've happened by now, right? I didn't know this mans name but I knew his face. He had dark brown hair in a "Bowl" cut and black eyes. It felt as though you were looking into tunnels every time I made eye contact He had thin stubble and large Harry Potter style glasses. he must've been about 45 and all in all, he looked like a misfit.

I heard his footsteps drawing closer.

He was wearing his boxers. In knew exactly where this was going. My heart rat sped right up and I started to shake un-controllably. I was panicking, but this time it wasn't just my anxiety, there was actually something to panic about. I tried to focus on my breathing but he was getting closer and closer.

"Ready for some fun beautiful?"

Alfie POV:

I thought I heard Zoe scream. It was about midnight. No I didn't think ii heard Zoe scream, I know I heard Zoe scream. I left my hotel room and sprinted towards Joe's. We met half way down the corridor.

"Man I think I heard Zoe..." Joe started

"Scream" I interrupted him.

 Both of us caught our breaths, happy and satisfied momentarily that we weren't losing our minds. Or that if we were, we were both losing them.  We headed off immediately to where we thought the scream came from. We heard it again, this time louder. And then it sounded more muffled; like someone was trying to keep her quiet. I'd never been more determined in my life to do something. It didn't matter that it was 1 am on a Sunday morning so the streets were full of drunkards leaving clubs all around London, I was going to find Zoe.

The screaming stopped but we still had a pretty good indicator as to where the scream was from. Then I heard it one last time. It was from the house right in front of us.

Joe looked at me. We had to do this.

I knocked 3 times.

Nobody came. So I knocked again, and again, and again.  

5 minutes a man in his 40s answered the door. I knew at once he had Zoe. I could feel it. I opened my mouth to realize I'd forgotten how to talk. I looked at Joe, who was just as terrified as me, and said "You haven't seen this girl have you?" I held up a picture of Zoe. Why was I being so polite? why didn't I punch him and run down to find Zoe?

I know why. I was terrified.